Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As Time Goes By
As you may have noticed, no new features have been committed for several weeks now. This is frustrating for me, too.

I have a bunch of new features lying around on my hard disk, but I won't commit them until 0.2 is out. Because this stack of features has piled up (and some new features depend on other new features that haven't been committed yet), my hard disk is jammed by now, as well as my mind. Thus, I stopped coding new stuff weeks ago, too.

Coding is my hobby and I like to accept challenges there. But with Ares and YR, implementing most of the feature requests is just dull work. Narrow-minded feature request and bug reports (like "We have side specific parachutes, but without unit specific falling speeds this feature is crap", "You implemented 'feature A' but you didn't do 'unrelated feature B'. Then I'll call this a bug. It is all your fault!" or "[something about the Chronosphere]") didn't help to make it an entertaining challenge again.

The point is: If the dull work doesn't help anybody (and nobody is interested in it), there's no reason for me to do it. There's other interesting things to code. The features on my hard drive have a very little chance of being committed, because the longer nothing interesting happens and the longer there is no progress, the less interesting Ares as a project becomes for me.

Having said that, I respect the fact that only new features keep a tester happy because it's a new toy to play with, but I did my homework. Now it's time for the people who wanted the results to prove them right or wrong. Until then I consider my coding job done.

(This is no basis for discussion. Please don't ask what the new features are or whether I can commit them anyhow. If you still want to ask, you missed the point of my post.)

Messages In This Thread
As Time Goes By - by Renegade - 16.08.2011, 22:33:38
RE: As Time Goes By - by assasing123 - 16.08.2011, 22:39:33
RE: As Time Goes By - by AlexB - 16.08.2011, 23:15:17
RE: As Time Goes By - by Graion Dilach - 16.08.2011, 23:52:13
RE: As Time Goes By - by eva-251 - 20.08.2011, 06:01:46
RE: As Time Goes By - by Steel Mirage - 29.08.2011, 06:13:14
RE: As Time Goes By - by DCoder - 29.08.2011, 13:01:16