Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moar video!
Cool 
Once again, Speeder (of Mental Omega fame) created a new video trailer for Ares. Enjoy:

Awesome! That ION storm is promising! (Weather storm SW clone) I also like that bounty logic.
gordon-creAtive likes this.
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
WOOOOOOO! Looks great! Can't wait for the release! =D
God I am so excited about this! I hope 0.2 will be out very soon. Smile
I had a look at the Roadmap today and it seems 0.2 is at 100% - does this mean we are close to a release?
I am sorry for sounding a little impatient.
Just one item left in the bugtracker's "to verify" list (0000917: AI house that can't build anything from BaseUnit or other [AI] fields causes a crash). After that there doesn't seem to be much left to do code-wise, unless there's any standardisation stuff - idk. Not too sure about the documentation, either.
0000917 wont be in 0.2, the next thing to do(unless I missed something) is to merge all the branches, and then is final testing the only thing left.
We testers are ready for final testing, but cant start until one of the coders merge the branches, and it seems like it no one wants to do it.
Java student.
Heh, that topic came up in IRC earlier today, I think the merging will happen in due course.

Insofar as the documentation, its all up to date AFAIK (as Doc Man), and as soon as merging begins, I'll be documenting new tags/features/foo.

It has in fact been confirmed that 917 will not be in 0.2 (thanks YR), but that particular bug, while a nuisance, doesn't mean a great deal in the grand scheme of things. The powers that be have decided to let that one go for now.

BE ADVISED:
(I say this because I had my own questions about how much time the merging process takes)
"Merging the branches" implies a long, painstaking process, with the object being to create, as thoroughly as possible, a polished and professional end product which will work smoothly for the end user.
To summarize, there are five branches which need to be merged into the trunk for 0.2. With each trunk merged, it is imperative that extensive testing ensure that the coding is as sound as is humanly possible. This testing could take a while, and there are five separate branches to repeat the process with:
DCoder Wrote:T+1 => T+1+2 => T+1+2+3 => T+1+2+3+4 => T+1+2+3+4+5 => RC
T=Trunk
#=Branches
As you can see, there will be six phases of testing to the merging process. Let me be clear: there is no telling how long the testing will take. It will be conducted according to the highest levels of professionalism and care, qualities that are the hallmark of Ares.

0.2 will be a rather large expansion of Ares, hence the extended amount of time and effort being put into it. The developers and testers would appreciate support from the community and Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge fans in general.

This also means that this is YOUR chance to step up and make a difference! Ares needs testers and other support staff now more than ever. If you think you've got what it takes, PM a member of the Ares Community Support Crew with your application (I suggest Nighthawk), clearly listing past work or other qualifications, references being much appreciated and welcomed if you are truly serious about being part of the crew.
If your only goal is to get your hands on an early version of 0.2, you need not apply.

Your Friendly Community Doc Man
FormerAres Documentation Manager
Nobody here but us trees...
Graion Dilach Wrote:Worm, you know this guy is an American lawyer of some sort.
Giggle Good one!
(23.07.2011, 06:18:44)¥R M0dd€r Wrote: 0000917 wont be in 0.2, the next thing to do(unless I missed something) is to merge all the branches, and then is final testing the only thing left.
We testers are ready for final testing, but cant start until one of the coders merge the branches, and it seems like it no one wants to do it.
Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Rolling eyes
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.