Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking news!
Big Grin

People, RockPatch is going to the next level.
I just finished a routine which is able to load additional string tables and append/overwrite the existing one!!!

This means mods won't have to deliver the whole ra2md.csf with it, but just a string table that contains the needed strings.
As said, it can add new strings as well as overwrite existing ones.
For instance, your new CSF file contains "GUI:LoadingEx", the string "GUI:LoadingEx" from ra2md.csf will be overwritten.

I'm damn happy, and you will be when 1.08 comes out :bleh:
[Image: jsfml.png]
Excellent!

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Smile

A buch of more (HOT :!: ) information about all this:

RockPatch will read stringtableXX.csf, with XX being any number from 00 to 99, you will (probably) be able to put it in any mix file you like.

This required a changing of the mix file loading routines, which I'm coding right now Tongue (well, I will continue after this post).
That changing makes you also able to put the video file (ea_wwlogo.bik), the loadscreen (glslmd.shp) and others into any mix file.

--
In all, this might mean a mod can come in one single mix file.

Also, RockPatch will deliver the ecacheRockPatch.mix file from now on, using the special rp.csf as its stringtable.
Might get useful for several features Wink
ecacheRockPatch.mix LOL

I'm without words. Once again, your work is outstanding.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
sounds awsome
Neato. Can't wait for the string stuff! ^_^
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
1 small question... what exactly will ecacheRockPatch.mix and rp.csf actually do? wouldn't want any conflicts with my mod.
ecacheRockPatch will include the new stringtable, the stringtable will only add stuff that is required by the patch.
Also it might include several fixed ini files (such as snowmd.ini) in the future.

I made it all so that the game 1st loads the usual game files, then RP stuff, then mod stuff.
So in case of a possible conflict, RP stuff will be overwritten by the mod stuff.
slight note, currently AFAIK, ini files are only read from expand mix files, not ecache...

also, unless you allow partial audio.bag and audio.idx files, or an alternative for audio, such as audio.mix, then allow them to be in a mix file, then this "Mod in 1 mix" idea won't work. there is also map and PKT files to be considered. it'd be awsome if the CSF could be read from a YRO, then we can include the string table, PKT and maps in a completly self contained map pack, and for this "Mod in 1 mix" idea, also make sure PKTs work in mix files(AFAIK, .map files already do, but PKTs do not.).

I'm sure you've considered it all though.

how goes the mix loading routine re-write?
Awesome news, and very much appreciated and hoped for as well.

(omg first post after registering)
cool updates, well my mod has too many strings to count now lol but will be useful in future mods, glad to see your mod files are loaded first and then rock patch fixes.
AlliedG;date=Mar 20 2006, 01:34 PM;post=2455 Wrote:uh why is no delete button for own accident double posts, forums wise? :dots:
Fixx0red :oops:

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
We need a diff tool to extract modified strings from existing .csfs compared to the reference 1.001 version to migrate to the new model Wink Its a shame it'll be unlikely that we could push the XWIS servers to support a theoretical 1.002 patch as a lot of these features would benefit end users that just want to play the game as well (such as improvements to RMG).
Hmmm....
This a great feature, good job!
Star Strike Next Beta :V.7x -- (current version=V.6x Build 2)
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
nice, will next version supporting 4th team?