Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I start the run Ares. but then after a minute it closes and no sucess
I just got a new computer and windows 7 and I've been unable to get it to work. I fixed the compatibility settings and It will open the run ares but then close and no Yuri's revenge will load. I've tryed alot of things but none work.
Upload a syringe.log and a debug.log please.

Unlike YR, Ares doesn't need compatibility mode to set (if you have compat mode enabled on Syringe or gamemd, disable them).
Uh I can upload those but first you should know the black screen closes, the logs say it patched successfully but when I load the game I get missing noastr and the unit name meaning the no string tag stopped working which tells me no ares patch running.

Also the gamemd.exe remains last modified 2001 so that means the syringe isn't patching it though it claims it does. it could be stupid windows 7 safety settings but I'm sure I already allowed them to go through for that program.
Quote:Ares is incorporated into Yuri's Revenge via the use of Syringe, a program developed by pd to 'inject' DLL code into a running executable without modifying the executable itself.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
You have Ares.dll, Ares.dll.inj and syringe.exe in your RA2 folder, right?

Get Total Commander, get into your RA2 dir, and type: syringe.exe, gamemd.exe -log.
(23.05.2011, 19:44:38)DCoder Wrote:
Quote:Ares is incorporated into Yuri's Revenge via the use of Syringe, a program developed by pd to 'inject' DLL code into a running executable without modifying the executable itself.

I see, it starts to run then closes before launching the game which is why it's not working. I'll try that total command unless you have any better ideas. there's a very high probability it's a windows 7 problem or possibly a comodo firewall but the thing is I turned it off and tryed running it and now dice, even run as an adminstrator.
DINGDINGDINGDINGDING
You said the magic word!

http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...3#pid17563
http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...1#pid17991

Funny what a forum search could turn up if it were done, eh?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Comodo firewall and it still won't run. HELP! somebody I cannot get ares to work with that comodo firewall. nothing is working, not even uninstalling and reinstalling.
(25.05.2011, 18:21:18)Guest Wrote: I uninstalled and reinstalled Comodo firewall and it still won't run. HELP! somebody I cannot get ares to work with that comodo firewall. nothing is working, not even uninstalling and reinstalling.

Damnit I forgot to log in again but I'm thinking if I'm having this problem and I'm the one designing my mod. imagine the problems a player with comodo firewall plus windows 7 together would have running my mod. I think you guys need to make a script that edits the registry to block all security from affecting your Ares syringe patch and even Red Alert 2 or Yuris Revenge as well.
I disagree.

If you are a LaunchBase user, then putting that script to LB makes more sense. If you use stand-alone, then you, as the mod writer should create that script to ensure that thing works.

Neither way Ares should care about that.

OTOH, Comodo must be a NA something... I've never heard about it.
Yeah, I'm sure Ares will totally look like a legit program once it starts disabling all security on execution... Rolling eyes
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
No it won't look like a legit program. However there's an option to allow the Comodo firewall to allow it to let something run. Which should allow it to edit the registry to prevent it from blocking certain things. Although you do get what you pay for too so maybe I should get a real firewall but it should be known Comodo does out preform the Nortan Firewall that comes with the Anti Virus. Again alot of people use Comodo so alot of people now won't be able to use that Ares you made. but as for me I get what I pay for so I could get a different firewall and actually pay for something, but alot of people would rather just not use the Ares trademark you have created.
The links Renegade posted explain the exact solution. The only additional action I'm willing to do is add this message to Syringe: "This won't work because your security suite is overprotective, RTFM to solve the problem!" ... which would not be a smart thing to do before 0.2 .

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
(25.05.2011, 20:01:00)DCoder Wrote: The links Renegade posted explain the exact solution. The only additional action I'm willing to do is add this message to Syringe: "This won't work because your security suite is overprotective, RTFM]RTFM[/url] to solve the problem!" ... which would not be a smart thing to do before 0.2 .
To find out more I'll use the search feature. Thanks for everything so far.
Btw I came back today and did that one guys fix and it worked perfectly.