Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launch Base Community Convert Project (LBCCP)
Launch Base Community Convert Project (LBCCP)

It seems the world has all but abandoned the mods and maps that were made for Red Alert 2. I find it sad that nowadays a lot of these great creations are hard to find or get hold of. So I am announcing a Launch Base Community Project to recover all these old mods and maps and convert them into a Launch Base compatible file hosted in a secure site. This way, thehy will hopefully never be lost.

I am of course doing this without express permission from the mod authors but I am including all the original file including the readme and labelling them community converts and I hope they don't mind me doing this. A lot of them aren't around to complain anymore anyway. If anyone does have a problem please let it be known.
Here is the first batch anyway. Please report any problems you notice.

https://sites.google.com/site/launchbaseccp/files
I haven't checked the files yet. The idea is great. But I've seen rars. Why don't you compile the mods with LBMC? It achieves better compression.

When I have the time, I'll check it for sure.
(15.04.2011, 21:46:21)Graion Dilach Wrote: I haven't checked the files yet. The idea is great. But I've seen rars. Why don't you compile the mods with LBMC? It achieves better compression.

When I have the time, I'll check it for sure.

They are compressed in LBMC exe files but googlepages wont allow uploads of .exe files so I had to archive these file in RARs.