Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Launch Base Mod Creator
Dosent really make much sense sticking expandmd.mix files into a video folder, but o.k.
Atleast I wont have to extract all my assets, god what a pain in the arse that would have been.
Thanks

Maybe it don't make sense, but that's XCC Mod Creator's behaviour as well. If you have an encrypted mix, you have to insert it into the video folder.
As pointed out above, XCC Mod Creator works similarly. It does make much sense, it's just not explained well semantically due to the category's name.
The stuff dropped in the video category in both creators is put directly into the RA2 folder, with no changes.
Since that is exactly what's supposed to happen with already created .mix files, it is perfectly logical this workaround works.

As said: It does make sense, it's just the category's name that builds a semantic wall.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Yes, I should update the manual to clarify that - anyone not familiar with XCC Mod Creator might get confused.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
yeah the folder name "Video" definitly threw me for a loop, but yeah, it makes sense now.
So any files i want to be put into game go here as well, like say Gangsters new vox.vpl files and stuff like that?

Sorry to post again, but, do i need to add syringe.exe to Video folder too? Also, it compiled my mods .exe and all, but when i launch LaunchBase and it goes to extract my mod, it gets almost all the way done and throws an error, saying it's out of memory. I had 1.3 gb of memory available at time of extraction. What is this all about?

Attached Files
.log   LaunchBase.log (Size: 60.94 KB / Downloads: 584)
(24.03.2011, 21:42:16)Marshall Wrote: Yes, I should update the manual to clarify that - anyone not familiar with XCC Mod Creator might get confused.
It's kinda sad that being familiar with XMC turns into a mark of old school. LOL

@cranium: There is an edit button. Wink
Are you talking about hard drive memory or random access memory?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
well, not sure exactly which memory it's referring too, but the LaunchBase.log I attached to post before yours says this:
2011-03-24 17:49:03 Internal Error! Out of memory
Error: 7
Description: Out of memory
Return stack:
frmMain.ActivateMod(4)
frmMain.LaunchMod(0,-1)
2011-03-24 17:54:21 Program terminating.
It got out of memory just after the csf merging.

Would you mind checking if ra2md.csf works from the video folder? Do you use LB's ra2md.txt merging feature?
Can you post your LBP file? That way I can see what files are actually trying to be processed.

At this point I suspect you're including a text file in the string table folder and LB is having trouble reading it... but I could be wrong. If you are, can you please post that text file as well (the file, not the contents please).

Can you tell from the log if any of your mods files hadn't been processed yet?
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.