Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't get Ares to launch on seven x64
Hi everybody,

I did some search through this forum and didn't find a post about this. Has anyone been able to lauch yuri with Ares on windows 7 x64? With or without launchbase, Ares loads, then quits without any error message.
I already used Ares on a x86 Win XP, it worked fine. So as there is no reference in the manual or in this forum regarding 64bits OSes, I would like to know if there is a way to get Ares working...

Thanks

Purple
Edit: Just saw another post mentionning comodo firewall... i'm gonna try it first ^^'
- Dr. Fred: I could just shut off my Sludge-O-Matic, but it is too late...
- Bernard: You have a machine whose sole function is producing toxic waste?
- Dr. Fred: You can't have a high-tech laboratory like this and NOT spew poisonous filth! All the other mad scientists would laugh!"
I will likely be installing a 7 x64 system within the next few days, I can try then.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I'm running 7 64bit and it just works. Could also be a virus scanner that finds it suspicious how the dll is hooked into the game. Hard to tell what's causing this. Is there an syringe.log generated? If it is, can you attach it?
I'm running w7 x64 Pro as well, no problems here.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
First of all, thanks for all your answers! Smile
I tried uninstalling COMODO, wich just messed up my entire system and gave me a nice BSOD. Launching Ares with COMODO uninstalled didn't work.
Anyway I always run COMODO without the proactive defense or the sandbox option. I even ran Ares with the firewall disabled...

Edit: Holy cow, after a lot of tweaking it worked... Right now COMODO isn't in memory, and my win7 compatibility params for gamemd.exe are:
- disable desktop composition
- run this program as admin

I used to launch it with compatibility mode for xp or 98, it just doesn't work at all here. I will try if it still works after COMODO is reactivated.

- Dr. Fred: You can't have a high-tech laboratory like this and NOT spew poisonous filth! All the other mad scientists would laugh!"
Make sure your compatibility is the same between the game and Syringe, or you'll notice issues. I remember this was something that was recommended when Ares first started, so it may be useful information.
Leader of Soviet Dawn: Incursion. Representative of the CnC Guild, moderator and PR staff. Go make the Guild alive!
Thanks for reporting back, Purple_Tentacle. Smile
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
BTW, this Comodo problem has happened before, with EVA-251.

http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...3#pid17563
Renegade: You're welcome! Smile
Graion: yes, thanks, this is the post that made me test Comodo first.
Now Comodo is reinstalled, and I'm able to launch Ares even with defense+ at maximum level, and sandbox activated. Weird but working ^^
My problem must have been more of a compatibility mode issue. As Modder666 said, I had no compatibility mode selected on Syringe (fresh Launchbase install) and I was in compatibility mode for Gamemd.exe (I had read in this forum that it could help)
Problem solved for me, hope it'll help others Wink