Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MultiplayerDialogSettings in Game Modes
Hello again!

I know I am opening a lot of threads, but I have been doing a lot of modding lately. And the more I move on, the more questions, ideas and suggestions I have.

When creating a new multiplayer game mode, I found out that it is impossible to override most options in [MultiplayerDialogSettings]. MCVRedeploys, Crates, MinMoney, Money, MinUnitCount, MaxUnitCount, ShortGame, etc... cannot be overridden. This is probably not a bug, but it would be nice to make presets or even force settings. For example, a "crate war" game mode does not make any sense if you forget to turn crates on....

These options should be considered:
MinMoney, MaxMoney, MinUnitCount, MaxUnitCount

These options should be considered AND have a force mode:
Money, UnitCount, Crates, ShortGame, SuperWeaponsAllowed, BuildOffAlly, MCVRedeploys

Example: Money=2000 should preset Money to 2000. Money.Fixed=2000 should fix the money to 2000 and disable or remove the money slider.

If at least a few people agree, I will open a feature request.

Cheers,
Benjamin
A better way of assessing support would be to just post a feature request, since there's the ICS poll at the bottom of a request where people can declare support or objection to a feature.

It's not as if you have much to lose by posting a feature request - you'll not be cluttering up the forums with stuff that shouldn't be there, and worst case scenario, it'll get closed and everyone can go home. It's not a major setback to our day.

(though check there isn't already a request for this in there, I can't be certain if there is or not)
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Opening a feature request turns out to be problem... thanks to the submit button. Smile And although I hunted the button quite a while and finally managed to press it, nothing happens...

I checked my request again and again... nothing wrong with it. What does the hopping submit button wants to tell me?
That you filled out some of the fields incorrectly. Read http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...p?tid=1584 and make sure your form is filled out logically.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3