Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Roads pics
For some time I have been working on making new roads and terrain objects for Yuri's Revenge. Since I have learned to use 3D Max it has made the job a bit easier, just time consuming . Once I am done making the roads in 3D Max I will be uploading templates that I made so others can make their own roads. There will be about 10 templates to use w/ instructions. The only thing is you would need 3D Max 2010.

The pics provided are of the roads I have completed, for the most part. Other pics of the roads I am making soon to follow. I am remaking all of the normal roads, but not over writing them in the mix files or ini's. All my roads will blend together, but not with the original pieces. There will be a new concrete piece, still working on fixing the dirt, and as you can tell by the pic I have the grass blending pretty well.

In game pics soon to follow once I complete the 4 lane roads

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Edit: Not sure if I need to mention this, the templates are roads one solid piece. The 4 lane road is a render image of the piece I am currently working on. It is made in 1 piece so that all curbs and lines are properly aligned.

[attachment=638][attachment=639][attachment=640]    
I've seen them on PPM. They do look nice, however I'm not a mapper and I don't have time to start mapping right now... that's why I haven't commented on them yet.
Well, I am posting it here too, just in case people don't visit PPM. Once I get a few more things done, I will be posting it on Den Games & Revora too.
Good luck finishing it.

And better luck to see it back within a mod. Smile
I wont be using these in the mod I am currently working on, I have cobble roads that I intend to use. But I have been using them in a few MP maps I have.