Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Project - public beta
Blade Wrote:Project Beta 5 is now available for anyone to download and try. Bear in mind this installer needs to install into a fairly clean RA2 directory so make sure no other mods are installed. For all features to be available and working, you need the rock patch 1.07b,? TX 2.03 Beta (although 2.02 stable works for virtually every feature) and the assault mappacks. You will need to do some extracting, renaming and creating mix files to get the RA2 movies working unless someone creates a program to automate it. For more details please read the readme file.

Please feel free to suggest enhancements and features and feed them back to me as well as any bugs you might discover.

Rock Patch

Terrain Expansion

Assault Map Packs

TX Beta 2.03

Highlights of the release are:

Almost total integration of RA2's features into YR (RA2 missions, co-op campaigns and multiplayer mode).

Enhancements made possible by the rock patch.

Integrated single player Yuri mission to give a taster of how integrated a campaign can be.

Enhanced multiplayer mode with new units.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
What "The Project"? In which campaign for Yuri side?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

its only the mod "Blade" has been working on for the past several years. he hacked the game once himself to add a 3rd "Yuri" campaign button, for the yuri missions he was creating. RockPatch just uses a better button.
Its basically what I do when I'm messing with YR. I wouldn't call what I did hacking in the same sense as PD hacks though, I just used a resource editor to modify the load screen so the old Tutorial button could be clicked. Currently the mod has all the RA2 and YR missions merged into very long campaigns for both the allies and the soviets (although the soviet campaign doesn't make as much sense when it moves over to the YR storyline) and has a single mission for Yuri made by FlyingZ. It also has some new multiplayer game modes and the RA2 co-op campaigns are I think correctly merged (no one has tested and I don't have the facility to at the moment). The Terrain Expansion began life as parts of the work I was doing to make desert more complete like temperate, get tunnels to work and to make train units work. Other people became involved and it got spun off fully into its own project. I tried to get things like Ice, train bridges and spotlights working too, but they need exe hacks that are unfortunately beyond my skills.
Project Beta 6 is now available, forgot to post an announcement here when I did the rounds I think. This one is IMO pretty high quality, I don't think anyone has pointed out any bugs in it yet beyond stuff already known about from it using the RP.