Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corrupt Terrain Tiles - possible solution?
I accidentally removed myRA2/Yuri's from my computer. I re-installed it and went back to editing my tiles. When I went to test it I found that when I went to place the new tile grass/water shoreline appeared 3 or 4 tiles away, giving the appearance of a corrupt tile. I decided to play other tiles I knew worked on the map and the same thing happened. I had noticed this before and decided to remake the map instead of trying to find a solution (or then posting IE). The remake of the map worked fine.

I assumed that since I the removed of the game and having to re-install, then re-installing the mod switcher back in has something to do with this. I removed the TMP Editor 1.05, FA2, and the TMP builder and reinstalled them. After which I restarted FA2 and problem seems to be fixed.

So, my question is......All my IE errors that I posted that DCoder said were corrupt tiles, could the problem come about because of removing any part of the game or tools and re-installing them?

EDIT: Should have posted the pic I had. Blue is the piece I placed and green is the extra pieces that showed up as a result of the new tile being placed.
So my question is......what the hell did you just say?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I've had a similar problem with shore pieces appearing a few tiles away from where I'm working, but turning off autoshore fixed that for me - I guess that it was just FinalAlert being silly.

EDIT: Oh look, Renegade posted too.
I uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game. The tiles looked screw up (see pic). So I uninstalled Tmp Editor, Tmp Builder & Final Alert. Reinstalled all 3 plus the Terrain Expansion & Mod switcher. My thought was because I had to reinstall the game I changed something giving the tiles a corrupt look.

@Orac
I can't tell you if auto shore was turned off since I uninstalled and reinstalled it. I have it off and maybe that was my problem, don't know have to wait and see.