Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ares and Super Weapons
Thanks. Psychic Reveal fixed in r825.
alright, for LS stuff... Now the SW texts are working fine (progress, eh), but other than that the LS still acts exactly like it usually does. The code I posted above has not changed since i tested it:
SW.Range=60
Lightning.Duration=-1
Lightning.HitDelay=0
Lightning.ScatterDelay=120
Lightning.PrintText=Name:Storm
Light.Enabled=no

None of these tags seem to have an effect on the LS's behavior.
Does the map lighting change if you fire the LS? I copied your values and it creates a large area LS with very sporadic hits.
I'll add some logging. Maybe this reveals what's happening.

Lightning.PrintText= is a bool, Name:Storm should go into Message.Activate.
Alright, I re-tested with the 824 revision and the reason it didn't initially work for me is that I was testing by having it fire via a map trigger. When testing the first version you committed I actually tested with the superweapon building myself and it didn't work, but it seems that the map trigger LS does not use the actual LS superweapon (meaning ares) code, but rather it uses the tags defined in [General].

So the LS overrides are working as of revision 824. When the "Map triggers firing custom superweapons" feature comes along I will be able to use custom LS's for several of my maps.
That makes sense, I thought the map trigger Lightning Storm operated somewhat independently of [LightningStormSpecial] - the two have slightly different text messages, if I remember right. In the default game, the super weapon Lightning Storm uses the string TXT_LIGHTNING_STORM_APPROACHING when activated, whereas the trigger one uses TXT_LIGHTNING_STORM.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Indeed. For the original game there are no clones, no per-SW setting and thus no need for diffencing between them. A generic Fire-SW-Somewhere map trigger would be hard to implement as it has to recreate everything. The original game only supports firing certain SWs via trigger.
(18.09.2010, 21:37:05)WoRmINaToR Wrote: Alright, I re-tested with the 824 revision and the reason it didn't initially work for me is that I was testing by having it fire via a map trigger. When testing the first version you committed I actually tested with the superweapon building myself and it didn't work, but it seems that the map trigger LS does not use the actual LS superweapon (meaning ares) code, but rather it uses the tags defined in [General].

So the LS overrides are working as of revision 824. When the "Map triggers firing custom superweapons" feature comes along I will be able to use custom LS's for several of my maps.

Couldn't you alter the default value and give the lightning storm building a cloned LS with the default values?

just a thought.

[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
That's what I ended up doing. For individual maps I just modified the stock values and used a cloned one with the usual stuff for the superweapon.

It's pretty friggin amazing actually. I need to make a video of my map. It has rain, lightning, really nice lighting effects and sounds... awh man its just so sexy!

And thanks Alex for inspiring me to do all this with the LS.
With 877, Psychic Dominators do not permanently capture units by default, I'm not sure what to change to fix this, but regardless, perma-capture should be the default.
This is a bug I'll fix. Thanks for reporting!
Using the Psychic Dominator in V882 causes a desync in link games.

Tested twice, same results in both cases, Rar attached, containing 2 rar's, each with that computer's debug and sync files.

Attached Files
.rar   882.rar (Size: 238.21 KB / Downloads: 470)
Hi MRMIdAS,
did this work before and broke with 882?

Edit:
I can't reproduce this, Psychic Dominator works flawlessy in network games.