Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleanse, Purge, Kill
Yes, it's that time again!
While I'm a little early to call it "annual", I figure the server move is a good time to weed out unused accounts.

On the 16th of September, 5 days from now in my time zone, I will purge all unused accounts both on the forums as well as the bugtracker.

Usage on the forums will be determined by post count, so if you're a lurker, just post in response here once, and you're good.

I believe there are some double accounts, where one has registered one account, forgotten the password, and registered a second, slightly different account that's in use. If that is the case for you, post here with both account names and I'll try to merge them.
I have no desire to kick out legitimate users, but both services accumulate boatloads of unused spammer and lurker accounts, and all they do is take up space and block account names for those who'd make better use of them.

If you are a real user, do something with your account so we know.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Though late, I have just removed 71 users with zero posts from the database, freeing up their nicknames for other people's use.
As usual, I let a few select zero-posters survive, when I recognized their nicknames.

If you are among the deleted people, you can obviously re-register right away, but remember that, if you don't post this time around, either, you'll inevitably get deleted again in the next purge.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.