Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling if Ares is on
I'm happy to have ares, and I read the Directions.
Yet I don't know if I did it right.
I installed Launch Base, LBMC and Ares in that order, all from there respected websites here, and I have no indication that Ares in in.

How do I know if I did it right?

Thank you for your time.
If you did it right, then on the first YR loading screen (loading screen with Brutes and Mutator + Westwood logo, etc), you should see "Ares 1.1 is active" and the copyright information in the lower left corner.
Ok, I don't have it on the LB version, yet I have it when I use "RunAres"

Is this normal? and can I still Use Ares with LBMC if it is?
afaik, Ares is only executed by Launch Base if the mod being run requires Ares.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Thank you for your patience,yet Two last questions

1)How will Launch base know it's an Ares mod? is there a ticker?

2)In the LBMC Help it said to use it like XCC, yet in the Ares Read me, it said to put all the asserts into "Video", who do I listen to?

Thank you for your speedy Responses.

1. LB will know because it's specified in the LB manifest for the mod.
  2. You listen to Marshall, the creator of Launch Base, who said what's being said in the Ares readme.
    The issue is the difference between theory and practice:
    In theory, what the help says is right.
    In practice, the essential DLL to write .mix files on the fly isn't ready yet, and that would be needed to package all the things in the normal categories into the correct files.
    Thus, the interim solution is to drop finished mix files into the video category, since the video category files are placed straight into the game folder, therefore resulting in finished mix files inside the game folder, as needed.
    Once that DLL is finished and LB has full .mix support, what the help says applies, and the note in the readme will be removed.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Thanks, Renegade, for explaining that far better than I could!

Jason, does that make things clear for you? Please let me know if you have any further trouble with Launch Base.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Yes, this helps a lot Smile Thank you all.

One last thing, when I get a working version of my mod, how do I get it up on the LB Downloads page?
If you want LB to list it under the check for updates screen, you need to create an update check file. The LBMC help topics should explain that. Once you've created that file and uploaded it somewhere, just let me know the URL via PM or email and I'll add it to the list that Launch Base uses to find mods.
--Lysdexia

Thank you all, and Thank you all another time.

and I hope you will like the Ares Version of my mod.
Sorry for bumping, yet I dont want to make another post(clutter)

I make the installer for my mod, it says I dont have the Ares DLL(I hit that tic).

Yet when I dont have "Use Official Aeres DLL" it dose not use ares( I can tell from my use of Ares nostr)

how do I get my mod to use ares in launch base?
You want Use Official Ares DLL to be ticked. LBMC wouldn't complain about not having the DLL so you must be talking about Launch Base itself.

Make sure all the logging options are turned on (Tools > Options) and the log level is set to Verbose.
Launch your mod (which fails) and then check your LaunchBase.log file - if the log doesn't indicate the problem then please attach it here so I can take a look.
--Lysdexia