Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error(s) Updating Launch Base
Okay, so it downloads the update;
cannot open C:\Westwood\RA2\LaunchBase\comdlg32.ocx for writing
cannot open C:\Westwood\RA2\LaunchBase\LaunchBase.exe for writing
cannot open C:\Westwood\RA2\LaunchBase\comdlg32.ocx for writing

OKAY, FORGET THAT.

What happens is the following; LaunchBase runs like a spaz. It wont stop opening. Meaning the updater can't access some of the files. But why wont it stop opening!?
I've had the "LaunchBase is already open" message box every time I install something too, but clicking OK on that little prompt before doing anything with the installer seems to make whatever it is install correctly... have you tried that? Or do you mean the message won't go away?

Edit: The message box may be out of focus behind the installer window. Just click on its button in the taskbar to bring to the front.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Yeah that was it. Thing was that if I tried to quit by doing anything except pressing the cross (e.g. clicking exit on a prompt box) it'd restart. SO when it quit for the installer, it'd just start agian and I'd have to click okay on the "already running" window. But oh well, up to date now Smile
So LB is restarting itself instead of closing? That was a bug in the past, which I fixed, but it sounds like it has come back again.

At what point are you clicking OK to close LB and start the installer? Is this on startup or from the Check-For-Updates form?
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Umm I think it was after the files to update with downloaded, I can't check now because it's up to date.
Got it, got it, screenshot it:
[Image: 78800182.png]
The other window you can see in the last one is just the previous screenshots except for the one on the right, that opened after I clicked okay :/

EDIT: Went Tools -> Check for Updates, that failed on all five accounts. But then I repeated the above steps and it worked O.o