Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DFD: 749 vs. 378, 1009 vs. 446
Fight 1
I'm not a friend of random damage as it can be very frustrating to get different results from similar situations. But it really should be up to the modder to choose good values. The issue describes a system that supports total misses but it isn't bound to it. It also supports slight variations. The simultaneous burst issue adds nothing to the game and even if it would make the game a little more perfect, i'd say Hail Random Damage!

Fight 2
Expanding on the Slave system would be great to create Buzzer Hives or Generals' Angry Mobs. There is also a issue assigned to Ares 0.2 and it would be a really outstanding feature to get support for other TechnoTypes of Slaves and to protect/attack stuff. On the other hand, the AI change feature are quite meaningless if the game does not really show something has changed. I think reaperrr's idea is quite good to reduce the number of Taskforces and it would help developers to create variable AI teams more rapidly, but the original issue adds even more clutter to the INI file and less new stuff to the game. So I vote for the Bodyguards.
I'm in favor of 378 (Random Damage) and 446 (AI Changes).

In most cases, instant burst can be emulated really well with a combo of low ROF and ammo (except for particles).

FWIW, XWIS "pros" don't play with crates on because of their "luck" factor. And crates are one of the reasons TOE is regarded as idiot heaven, since most idiots do nothing but hunt crates to get elite forces. Just something to keep in mind.

AI improvements are always good to have.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
And thus ends our very first DFD!

Results:
#749 (Burst): kill, kill, kill - kill
#378 (Rnd Dmg): support, support, support - support
#446 (AI Chng): kill, kill, support - kill
#1009 (Bodyg): support, support, kill - support
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.