Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SW Clones in 0.2?
can you please code SW clones in for version 0.2?
Sure. As soon as you decide which of the currently planned features should be thrown out to make room for that.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
I think the community should decide that together, but in my opinion, these could be planned for 0.4, and SW clones could get a spot in 0.2:

0000733 CnC Gen Jarmen Kell(my request)
0000680 Chrono Prison logic
0000762 Hijacker mindcontrol interactions
0000460 Units to be stunnable by a stun weapon
0000986 VoiceIFVRepair= for each IFV
0000830 Customise skirmish game completion screen

Custom SW is the only remaning feature I need so I can switch from NP(my mod would broke I switched without SWs)
YR Modder, I think that you can do without custom SWs for now- remember that you don't need EVERY feature to be able to switch from NP to Ares. Just disable your custom SW buildings for now (or disable to superweapon attached).

SW clones is a highly anticipated feature, but unless the rest of the community backs you up on moving this forward, it's just not going to happen.

For the record, I am inclined slightly in favor of moving SWs forward, but I haven't yet decided if any of the currently planned features can be pushed back.
(27.06.2010, 00:14:54)WoRmINaToR Wrote: SW clones is a highly anticipated feature, but unless the rest of the community backs you up on moving this forward, it's just not going to happen.
yes, there is no way I can convince DCoder myself, so dear community, give your opinion!
I give it a meh. I'd much rather have something seemingly smaller but that you'd use more than just once every 10 minutes with little real strategy. Like, say... Waypoints on aircraft (so you could give them patrol loops etc).
* Renegade pokes the header a little bit
* Renegade tests the fabric of the post background
* Renegade sniffs the buttons

Weird...this doesn't seem like the bugtracker...
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Yeah, I already made a comment on the Bugtracker and Bugger all happened Tongue

I'll go back to the tester holding pen now before you get the cattleprod...
Now that we speak about SW, can you exlain what kind of new SW/clones you are planning to add?

(27.06.2010, 05:38:30)Renegade Wrote: * Renegade pokes the header a little bit
* Renegade tests the fabric of the post background
* Renegade sniffs the buttons

Weird...this doesn't seem like the bugtracker...

didnt really catch your point Unhappy
Well, I had most of the clones coded and not tested way back in r86, so except for Chronosphere, Paradrops and map lighting it would be a fairly simple task to reactivate them. New SWs I haven't thought about really, but ideas are welcome. We'll probably think more about this when it's time to implement them.

As for scheduling, the Most-supported Ares issues list contains at least 4 items from 0.3 and doesn't contain the new SW issue at all... If the community starts voting on the SW issue, we'll of course reconsider fast-tracking it.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
If superweapons are going to be redone, its best to have them done right the first time, all at once, not half-assedly in bits, WW style. This is one of the reasons superweapons are where they are in the progress chart.
- Weather storm clone
- Nuke clone
- Psy dom clone
- Airstrike
- Upgrade SW
- Droppod
- paradrop/vehicle drop