Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Updating Ares
Every time I try to download Ares through LB, I get an error saying it can't unpack the file. I see the thing download, but it won't ever unpack.

I am running the latest LB from the site, but I can't get this to work, and it's holding me back.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.log   LaunchBase.log (Size: 725 bytes / Downloads: 429)
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
The last two lines are missing a ".gz" in the path, that could be related.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
That's kinda what I thought, but there isn't much I can do about it, I don't think.
[Marshall]
Is anyone else having this problem?
Can you check your LB\Resource directory and remove anything named *ares* and any subdirectories to see if that solves the problem?

Unfortunately I'm without internet for the next few days but I'll investigate and (if I can replicate) try to provide a fix asap.
Did that, but it had no effect. It's trying to unzip the wrong file. I'm fairly certain that's the issue.
Is this still a problem Beowulf? I can't replicate it. DCoder mentioned there was some svn reshuffling recently, perhaps you just got caught in the middle of that...
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
No, he didn't. Not only was the reshuffling already done when he reported, but the log actually explicitly shows that his Launch Base properly adapted:
Code:
2010-06-11 16:12:57  Downloading "http://ares.strategy-x.com/lb_data/stable.tar.gz" to "C:\Westwood\RA2\LaunchBase\Resource\ares.tar.gz"
The issue is that LB downloaded into ares.tar.gz, but then tried to delete & unpack ares.tar:
Code:
2010-06-11 16:13:01  Deleting "C:\Westwood\RA2\LaunchBase\Resource\ares.tar"
2010-06-11 16:13:01  Ares update failed - failed to unpack "C:\Westwood\RA2\LaunchBase\Resource\ares.tar" Check that the Ares build you have selected is available - you may need to select a different build.

Looks to me like there's a ".gz" missing in some hardcoded string.

(Though I am wondering why LB tried to extract the file after deleting it...Lift eyebrow)
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
It probably deleted .tar so that the download could be ungz'd without rewriting anything.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Ah, that's possible...I forgot not all implementations do transparent gzip. LOL
Forum Rules

DCoder is correct, I've checked the code and the above naming issue isn't an issue - there's just no logging call to say decompressing the .tar.gz.
I've added a couple more logging calls for the next version to avoid this confusion.

Indications are that the unpacking of ares.tar.gz failed for some reason, or the unpack went okay but either no directory was extracted or ares.dll or ares.dll.inj were not extracted, although I can't tell what happened without replication.

So, if anyone does have this problem, please post here so we can follow it up - but I suspect that the problem has been resolved now.
--Lysdexia

I have a similar problem!
I can't update ares! It says it cannout unpack ares.tar
[^same poster]

Can I update Ares manually? Like putting the dll files and such in the resource folder?
Can you post your LaunchBase.log file?
Is this a clean install? If not, what mods do you have installed?
Which Ares branch have you selected (or is it default)?
--Lysdexia

(25.06.2010, 21:41:07)Marshall Wrote: Is this still a problem Beowulf? I can't replicate it. DCoder mentioned there was some svn reshuffling recently, perhaps you just got caught in the middle of that...
I can say now that it's a not problem now that YR is finally reinstalled. Ares and Syringe came down perfectly.