Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing: Issue Ranking [Beta]
One of the many problems of Ares development is selecting which issues actually to develop, and when.

We have encouraged you to give us feedback on all issues for a long time, however, not all users are very talkative, and debates -especially heated ones- can get convoluted and uninviting.

Therefore, I sat down and wrote a solution to the problem:
[Image: issueranking2.png]
From now on, each issue on the tracker, feature or bug, will carry a voting block at the bottom, which allows registered users to quickly express their stance on an issue.

While the system is brand new (I wrote it within the past 36 hours), and might still change a little (especially in terms of exact phrasing), it does work (as you can see). Edit: By now, for example, I have given the options clearer, more accurate names.

And since all that data is useless without being able to look at it, there is also an overview page:
[Image: issueranking.png]

In this one case, I'd like you to report bugs in this thread rather than on the bugtracker, both because we don't have a bugtracker bug category, and because this is a small feature that should be containable in here.

A high ranking is no guarantee, and a good argumentation in the comments is worth a multitude of votes, but we will notice which issues have wide support, and plan accordingly.

Remember: The more you express your stance on various issues, the better we can see what the community wants and what to focus on.
Especially if you want to effect changes in Ares 0.2's feature set, now would be a good time to vote.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Great Idea. Check the tracker, I put this to good use.
It'd be nice when more people use this and so the overview isn't all leaning to the issues I voted heh.

All in all it is quite nice, and actually gets me to comment more, to back up my votes.
Awesome feature, Ren. Quite useful. It might get me posting more, but I'm generally a pretty calm and quiet guy on the internet nowadays.

Nonetheless, I'm still quite an active tester. Smile
Seen this below issues already, then read the "nevermind" notice.
Really nice feature this, kudos! Smile
[Image: jsfml.png]
Very useful
This is great. Time to get voting.
A very good idea!

it's great to see Ares continue to grow! Keep up the good work!

-Dupl3xxx
(25.05.2010, 09:10:21)Dupl3xxx Wrote: A very good idea!
Agreed Smile

Now I hope a few more people will give (positive) votes to the features my project needs LOL
The Overview page is gone for me... whether I am logged in or not.
It wouldn't happen to have been taken down intentionally or anything? I could see it a few weeks ago.
Info: Windows Vista, updated FF. Clicking "Show all All Projects issues, highest-supported first", and using "http://bugs.renegadeprojects.com/issue_support.html" all have empty tables for me too, so no difference.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It works fine for me. You're sure that setting the 'project:' menu to Ares doesn't change it?
Orac has the (not all that complicated or far-fetched) solution.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.