Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] LBMC Problem (drag and drop files from windows explorer does not work)
Hey, Launchbase says that I can drag and drop files from windows explorer but unforunatly it wont let me do that, it just has the "cannot do that" cursor, no file errors, it won't let me drop anything at all, even in video. Can someone enlighten me to the issue's solution?
[Image: darkstormsmall.png]
Are you by any chance using Windows Vista or 7, running LBMC with elevated privileges and trying to drag/drop from an unelevated explorer window?
Thanks Alex, I don't yet have W7/Vista with which to test.

Did Alex' suggestion solve the problem, Darkstorm?
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Yes, thank you.
[Image: darkstormsmall.png]
Since it sounds like this might be a problem that could come up more often, I've changed the thread title to make searching for it easier.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(11.03.2010, 10:40:06)AlexB Wrote: from an unelevated explorer window?

What do you mean exactly by this, an example would do please.
If a program is started elevated (with elevated privileges) by using "Run as administrator" for example does not allow non-elevated programs to drag files into it. This could be a security issue, because a non-elevated program could be told to delete files/launch malicious programs. If you run "Explorer.exe" as admin, this is no problem, as elevated programs can communicate with other elevated programs. I recommend not to do this because it effectively disables UAC. To do it nonetheless, you gotta close "explorer.exe" using task manager first, then start a new process elevated.
so should I, end process for explorer.exe and then run LBCM on admin?
Or do I have that wrong or will something bad happen if I end process for explorer.exeWtf (checking)
If you kill explorer.exe, your shell will disappear.
Just close any open Explorer or My Computer-like windows and re-open My Computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I turned UAC off and now it works