Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3d modelling
I have been trying to make some buildings using 3DS Max, with a script that is suppose to help with RA2. I have 6 buildings made, but the size is hard to match to a proper foundation and shape is off. Pic shows a building I am using for a POW camp and shows the shp image. The image is suppose to be 4 by 4 (though I feel 3 by 3 would be better) It has no textures. Can anyone point me to a tutorial for modelling for RA2. I haven't found anything in my searches.
I'm pretty sure the original script included usage instructions on the size.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Thats the thread I got the script from.

script thread

I hate to contact the creator directly, but I guess I am going have to. I was hoping some one had a better way to create a shp using 3ds max. I've searched for tutortials and have found nothing of use. Thanks anyway....
How about you try a newer version, which explicitly states "give the user more control on sizes and frames"?
You can't just assume that a random forum post from 2004 has the latest version of something.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I have that script and it is the same exact one, but thanks anyway. From what I have been doing I think I have to make my foundation 1 square bigger and cut it down from there. EX: I want a 4 by 4 foundation, make it 5 by 5 and modify it to 4 by 4 to make it look better.
Dude, the one you had was 1.13. The one on YR Arg is 1.2. It is explicitly stated which changes were made and by whom. Don't tell me it's the exact same one.
Forum Rules

well to be honest I cant remember where I got it, I had googled it and downloaded it but unsure where I had gotten it from. When the script was mention I remember a pm I had gotten and that was the site they showed me. In case I have downloaded it and will try it. Thanks Renegade