Poll: Good idea?
YES?
NO?
WHOCARES
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What modding skills do you have?
I was thinking of this yesterday. I have seen people post questions and sometimes people respond to those posts with solutions. Then some of the more experienced people shoot down the responses that people with comments that the responder was no clue of what they are talking about. Do you think a stickied topic of what people have skills is a good idea? Like Aro, from what I have seen....he has the skills of terrain tiles and making a visual appealing maps. People would post their skills and if it applies a screen shot of their work. I am not knocking anyones work and Aro is the first person that popped in to my head, I know from personal experience there are people like Blade, DJBreit, Marshall, MigEater, DCoder that have contriubted to me with some really good feedback that has helped me with my work. The stickied topic could be some thing people could look at and when they see a response to their question they can see if this person has knowledge to help them. Maybe the admin could make a special tag in their profile to show this. And another thing.....when people make a map or whatever they should credit the people that have given them help. The fore mentioned people have given me some good advice and will be mentioned in my credits, along with some others. If you helped you get credit. It is only fair with out the knowledge and wisdom of others the modding world would go no where....

edit: DCider was changed due to typo
I'm more of a general-purpose modder, I don't have too many skills concentrated in one area, except maybe buildings. For examples of my work all I could really do is link you to my old mod announcement page here.

Your idea sounds good, except it seems a bit much to have admins set this in every user, and if you enable user choice it may be twisted (Skills=everythinglololol -sumnub).

(21.02.2010, 17:12:48)Nikademis Von Hisson Wrote: DJBreit, Marshall, MigEater, DCider

Big Grin 2
I only work on AI stuff, and mostly testing interesting ideas rather than building fully functional AI files, and I never know when I'll be around, but if you have a crazy idea involving AI and don't know how to make it work or if it's even possible, then send me a PM and I'll try to look at it if I'm around. As a few examples of things I've done - getting multiple loaded transports to work together, having teams "request" a transport only if they're blocked from completing their mission, and "linking" a group of triggers together to efficiently capture and defend tech buildings. I also have an unhealthy obsession with making the AI control bridges in an effective way. Currently I'm working on making multiple transport invasion forces use the ChronoSphere and Iron Curtain.
well, the special tag was just a thought. Wow my spell check isn't working, I found least one tpyo, Sorry DCoder I spelled your name wrong, I'll fix that. I have an AI file that is disgusting. When I add naval units to my AI file maybe I'll post up to take a request to see if my AI skills are worth anything to someone else other than just my mod/campaign.