Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Except Error no rock patch.
Through trials and tribulations of all my error codes I have worked through so many except error. now received this message. Its a plain map no buildings. The map contains new pieces that I have been working on for some time. Well I was remaking a map and until a few days ago it was working. Well today I got an except error ( 007CFDD0 ). I check the marble madness view the two lower corners of the map seemed to have an issue. The pic is of the same map.

Top pic is the normal view
Middle pic is what I assume is the problem piece of the map in marble madness view
Bottom pic is the fixed view

I ran the cursor around the edge of the map and found the problem tile codes are 0xe and the proper terrain type 0xd is correct. And after I saved my map, it tested it, the terrain went from pinkish to blue.

The map was started out at height zero and I used the editor to change the height to 4 and I believe this might have caused the tiles to get screwed up. Has anyone else come across this before?
I know my posts for the next few weeks won't show up till a admin of the forum looks at them to prove ok to be shown, but I believe I have found something that might a cause of my except txt. Since all my except errors I link to new tiles, I have copies of 8 except txt that might be linked to this.
In a post I made a couple days ago (one that has not shown up yet) I posted about 0xe where other tiles shown 0xd. 0xe I think is a corrupt tile and the 0xd is the correct tile. Since I created new tiles I believe there is a conflict with them and the original grass tile. Certain grass tiles show this 0xe. So I created new grass tile and so far my maps have shown no errors.
So what you're saying is that your tiles were hosed?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
How extremely surprising and unforeseen. How curious that no one brought that possibility up before!
</sarcasm>
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
My tiles, no clue, but I have found out that the game runs fine now since I created the new grass tile. I can not be sure of a conflict with my pieces and the original pieces. I won't know until I fix my next map. It could have been a one time occurrance.

If you check out this post you will see 3 except errors ( 007CF824, 007CFD30, 00549F50 ) that DCoder commented about a tile. Well I have been checking out ten different versions of the urbanmd.ini I created. I looked for something that might have caused an error and I think I found it. One of the ini files had a tileset that was missing the line TilesInSet = #. I fixed this line and tested it out and it worked. Maybe these except codes could be put into the modenc and with the note that there may be a problem with the INI file.

I know I gave you (Renegade) the database file for 007CFD30 about the urban feature deal. But this could be another cause for the except error.

my previous posts