Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tileset names
Can 2 tilesets that have a name that are close together cause an IE? EX: PVDRDA and PVDRDB. DCoder has pointed out in this topic
IE Error topic

there is an error with tilesets. In addition to the except errors I have 2 or 3 more.
Aren't there already existing tilesets that have very similar names by default? I very much doubt that it would cause an issue, computer don't tend to make typos when using data unless you have bad ram or somthing.
I thought I posted this already, but it seems that somehow it didn't, so here it is again.

I am wondering if you have 2 Tilesets that have name that are close in names will that cause an except error? EX: PVDRDA and PVDRDB. The post listed shows my except errors. I pretty much knew the tiles were the cause and DCoder confirmed it.

except errors post

If the name is not the problem....what else could it be. DJBreit had given me some tutortials on creating new tiles. These are the codes for 2 of my tilesets, maybe someone can see a problem. The codes are copied from the original 2 lane road in the game. I just made a new look to it. And maybe someone could explain Marble Madness and NonMarbleMadness means.
Now all this time I was thinking that there was a problem with some tiles I had made. DCoder told me in a post that the Except errors pointed to it and it made sense. But I decided to open the map, copy the whole map, make a new map, and paste centered and saved it under a new name. The new copy of the map had no buildings on it what so ever. The new map has run fine for 5 test plays. When I took the map and copied the structure list to that map and ran it I recieved except error as mentioned in a previous post. I had "created" a few buildings by using PhotoShop CS3. I have named my buildings CivilianN(#). These buildings show up in all theaters. So the question is, how can a building cause an error? Does the name mean that much? I know civilian buildings are named C(theater type) whatever.

Administrative Notice:

Merged the other two threads into this one.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(21.01.2010, 21:14:42)Nikademis Von Hisson Wrote: I had "created" a few buildings by using PhotoShop CS3. I have named my buildings CivilianN(#). These buildings show up in all theaters. So the question is, how can a building cause an error? Does the name mean that much? I know civilian buildings are named C(theater type) whatever.

If you know that C*NAME is the naming convention, why have you named it CivilianN# instead of something like CGCIV#? Maybe the error wasn't the building graphics, maybe you have them overlapping, on a slope or on unpassable ground. I don't know enough about the game internals to give a better idea or how a building might cause this error. This is again assuming its your buildings, it could have been anything that was on the map not covered by the copy all command. Place the buildings one at a time and retest until you have either placed them all or you get an error. If you get an error, remove the last you placed and retest, then remove all others and place just the one you got the error with an retest to ensure it is that building only and not some strange combo effect.
Quote:If you know that C*NAME is the naming convention, why have you named it CivilianN# instead of something like CGCIV#? Maybe the error wasn't the building graphics, maybe you have them overlapping, on a slope or on unpassable ground. I don't know enough about the game internals to give a better idea or how a building might cause this error. This is again assuming its your buildings, it could have been anything that was on the map not covered by the copy all command. Place the buildings one at a time and retest until you have either placed them all or you get an error. If you get an error, remove the last you placed and retest, then remove all others and place just the one you got the error with an retest to ensure it is that building only and not some strange combo effect.

I know about how they are labeled in the game, but the reason I named it as I have because when I first started I did not know that and I proceeded to name it how I did. For the past 2....2 1/2 years I have been been doing that. And it never had a problem...Then I started thinking of making a campaign.... Back when I started working on this mod I had asked about creating tiles and at first thought it would be too much effort. Then reading post by people like you (Blade), Marshall, and DJBreit I found out it wasn't all that hard. Not long ago DJBreit game me some tutorials on Zdata and I started with that. Since I was started working on urban theater tiles, I figured it didn't matter. But then I was doing research for my campaign and found I would be using the snow and maybe desert theater and I will probably change the names. All the time i worked on this stuff I was running Vista and for a little more than a year it ran without fail, but now I am working with windows 7. I don't know what the heck is going on, but in the past 12 hours I have found the weirdest things have given me errors (some of which are posted in my other topic) but all seems to be running well now.
I prob wont have to post up since I think I have the problems solved.

@ Renegade- I see you merge the topic. It was not an intentional double post. When I posted it I didn't see it when I went back to the main ra2 page, so I redid it then when I didn't see it again I figured you had a block on me, so I was like ok, fine.......I will just have to wait until my penalty is up. On another note the except error code 007CFD30. I know I sent you the database info on that and what it stated. But I have found something else that might cause it. I placed barbed wire prison fence on a multi player map that went outside the blue box and bam except error 007CFD30...I looked at my map and wasn't sure. So i erased the barbed wire prison fence that left the map and saved it and ran the map again. It worked fine. I put it back the way I had it and crash, I did this 3 times to check it out and I have decided that in a MP map, you cant have the wire or the Kremlin wall overlays go outside the blue line.