Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Command & Conquer Devastation a mod for Red Alert Yuri's Revenge
The Story

The fight between the Allies, Soviets and Yuri rages on. Unknown to them however, is a new faction that destines itself to be the super power of the world: The Empire of the Rising Sun, lead by Emperor Yoshiro of Japan. Building his secret army, he awaits the time to unleash the imperial might of Japan upon his enemies. The fighting between the three super powers continues. Suddenly, Yuri withdraws from the battle. It is not known why he suddenly disappeared, along with his notoriously known army, The Legion. But the Allies and Soviets know that he'll be back...

With the absence of Yuri's forces, the tensions between the Allies and the Soviets have gone bad to worse. Emperor Yoshiro watches as the two factions duke it out against each other, day and night. His secret army was advancing. Things were going on as planned...until that day.
Unknown to him, Yuri have been observing the Empire of the Rising Sun. He knew that this was a threat.

So Yuri did something that would take the emperor by surprise - an all-out attack on Japan. With his new army, Yuri flooded Japan with his unusual army, full of mind-control, genetic monstrosities and savage weapons. Taken by surprised, Emperor Yoshiro was forced to deploy his army, which was not as advanced as Yuri's. Two weeks of fierce battles on the island and it concluded with the fall of Japan. Yuri was able to utilize all of his mind-control tricks to turn the whole population of Japan into mindless slaves. However, Emperor Yoshiro, along with some of his officials and remaining soldiers , were able to escape from Yuri's wraith to an unknown location. Yuri doesn't know where is this secret base, nor does he even care about it.

The emperor felt guilty and called himself a coward for leaving his people to suffer from Yuri's slavery. He knew he had to make things right. Thus, he had a change of plans: first, the liberation of Japan, then, the taking of the world. He then ordered the reconstruction of his army for the battles that await them...

Months later saw the Empire of the Rising Sun fighting against the three other factions. A teenager stands on a pile of rubble, what used to be his house. 17-year old Drake Wheeler overlooks the surrounding. It was all rubble and more rubble. Clutching a semi-automatic handgun in his right hand, he looks up to the sky and wonders what have become of this war for power. Too many innocents have been killed in crossfires. They all died for no reason. Tired of all this, Drake decided to form a small freedom fighters group called the "Wing of Freedom". To many, this IS a freedom fighters group. To the Allies however, its just another terror group. Drake and his small team have pulled off countless terror attacks on the four super powers. As more saw his determination to end the war, many have gladly joined his group. Drake's people started building weapons, undergoing combat training, stole cars and converted them into war machines. Before Drake realized, he had built an army strong enough to face the enemies.

Drake have sworn to lead his army to victory, for a better future for everyone. Now, five factions fought amongst each other, not knowing a new enemy will join the battle. Reports of "warp portals" made many curious. What are they? Nobody knows...until the day "they" revealed themselves. During a massive battle between the Soviets and Yuri, a legion of hover tanks and cybernetic infantries interfered the battle. They call themselves the "Shadow League". They claim to have come from the future. What they want: global domination. They have come to this timeline to alter history - to make it easy for them in their global domination plans in their timeline. Having to deal with five enemies at once, the Allies didn't believe there was hope. But hope came to them when they needed it most.

Another army from the future have arrived to this timeline. This army, the Orion Corps, is an elite army of the Allies in the future. They have been sent to combat the Shadow League and prevent them from altering history. Seeing that this army is an ally, the Allies and the Orion Corps will fight side by side to end this war, for good.

Now seven factions are in this war. Yuri sat on his throne. "The war have already begun..." Yuri said with a sinister grin as he watches the whole world turned into a massive battlefield...

Seven factions, two wars, one battlefield. Devastation is IMMINENT...

CnC: Devastation is a mod for Yuri's Revenge.

It will include:

-7 new factions
-minor changes to the three existing factions
-new units
-balanced gameplay
-new effects
-maps (if any :3 )
-better AI

This mod is made with Npatch SE. So when the mod is released, make sure to have the patch installed (though I might switch to Ares).

I'm planning to release the mod when one new faction is fully functional.

The release method is roughly something like this (yeah, I'm releasing it the same way the Paradox team is releasing their's (RA3 Paradox) cuz its not time consuming (and shuts the mouth of any impatient playa Tongue )) :

1st relase:Allies, Soviets, Legion, Empire
2nd releaseOopsrion Corps
3rd release:Wing of Freedom
4th release:Shadow League

Currently needed positions:
-3D Modeler
-Shp Maker
-Map Maker

If you're interested, drop me a PM Wink
This is the mod of The_Freedom_Fighter from moddb
Well we need the guys above
I am a shp maker to but i make only buildings so
guys who can make infantry join us Command & Conquer Devastation
I seriously don't give two shits about a mod back-story. At this point in time (about eight years after the release of Yuri's Revenge), I am fairly certain that people who still care about modding want to see results, not a plea for assistance in order to make "just another YR mod".

Furthermore, I noticed that you mentioned using NPatch. I doubt that you will garner much support for such a project here of all places, when Renegade and others are vehemently opposed to NPatch.
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
(29.12.2009, 22:16:40)Vinifera7 Wrote: I seriously don't give two shits about a mod back-story. At this point in time (about eight years after the release of Yuri's Revenge), I am fairly certain that people who still care about modding want to see results, not a plea for assistance in order to make "just another YR mod".

Furthermore, I noticed that you mentioned using NPatch. I doubt that you will garner much support for such a project here of all places, when Renegade and others are vehemently opposed to NPatch.
Its not my fucking mod i just help
For clarification: We are not "opposed to NPatch" as such. Modders are free to choose whichever patch they want, and having a patch is better than not having a patch.
However, we know from experience that VK doesn't do much in terms of quality assurance ("I always test only basic things; I assume that other bugs will be found by community."), and that consistency seems to be a foreign concept to him.

In other words: It's not so much that we have a problem with NPatch as a concept, it's just that it's way too bug-ridden and wacky to support it. It's a waste of time to try to investigate an internal error which might very well be caused by flawed code that VK simply refused to test before release.
And given that it's been public knowledge that this is the way VK operates for two and a half years, our stance is that anyone who chooses NPatch over RockPatch or Ares knows what they're getting into, and has no right to complain.

We accept if modders choose to use NPatch. We just think it's a pretty dumb idea and refuse to waste our time debugging it.

Independent from that, I kinda agree with Vinifera - this is just another "here's the story, we need help to make it happen" posts. Which is valid, of course, but the vast majority of mods announced this way never see the light of day. So skepticism is well-founded.
If you wish for a more positive, enthusiastic reaction, post screenshots. Demonstrate that something is actually there. That there is something beyond a story, a concept and a few rules changes.

After all, you say
Quote:Well we need the guys above
...so what if you don't get those guys? Sounds like the mod will never happen alright.

Besides, with
Quote:I'm planning to release the mod when one new faction is fully functional.
[...]
I'm releasing it the same way
[...]
If you're interested, drop me a PM
[...]
Well we need
[...]
versus a single
Quote:This is the mod of The_Freedom_Fighter from moddb
you can't really complain people assume you have a certain position of power there.

So really...we're happy to see there are still active modders out there, but you can't really blame people for not jumping in ecstasy over a concept.
Come with something more substantial, and you'll get different reactions.

btw, as, I believe, has been pointed out to you before, there already exists a YR mod called "Devastation".
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(30.12.2009, 00:12:34)Renegade Wrote: For clarification: We are not "opposed to NPatch" as such. Modders are free to choose whichever patch they want, and having a patch is better than not having a patch.
However, we know from experience that VK doesn't do much in terms of quality assurance ("I always test only basic things; I assume that other bugs will be found by community."), and that consistency seems to be a foreign concept to him.

In other words: It's not so much that we have a problem with NPatch as a concept, it's just that it's way too bug-ridden and wacky to support it. It's a waste of time to try to investigate an internal error which might very well be caused by flawed code that VK simply refused to test before release.
And given that it's been public knowledge that this is the way VK operates for two and a half years, our stance is that anyone who chooses NPatch over RockPatch or Ares knows what they're getting into, and has no right to complain.

We accept if modders choose to use NPatch. We just think it's a pretty dumb idea and refuse to waste our time debugging it.

Independent from that, I kinda agree with Vinifera - this is just another "here's the story, we need help to make it happen" posts. Which is valid, of course, but the vast majority of mods announced this way never see the light of day. So skepticism is well-founded.
If you wish for a more positive, enthusiastic reaction, post screenshots. Demonstrate that something is actually there. That there is something beyond a story, a concept and a few rules changes.

After all, you say
Quote:Well we need the guys above
...so what if you don't get those guys? Sounds like the mod will never happen alright.

Besides, with
Quote:I'm planning to release the mod when one new faction is fully functional.
[...]
I'm releasing it the same way
[...]
If you're interested, drop me a PM
[...]
Well we need
[...]
versus a single
Quote:This is the mod of The_Freedom_Fighter from moddb
you can't really complain people assume you have a certain position of power there.

So really...we're happy to see there are still active modders out there, but you can't really blame people for not jumping in ecstasy over a concept.
Come with something more substantial, and you'll get different reactions.

btw, as, I believe, has been pointed out to you before, there already exists a YR mod called "Devastation".
Go to this links to see some screenies
http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conque...s#imagebox
and i know npatch sucks
it does suck because of VK the asshole does not want to fix the bugs
and if we wait for ares maybe creator of the mod will lose interest
but good arguments renegade Thumbs up