Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generals Patch 1.8
APOC Wrote:Hey everyone,

This is a critical update that I would like everyone to alert their communities with if possible. Yesterday we released patch version 1.8 for Command & Conquer: Generals, which addresses a critical issue related to Command & Conquer: The First Decade.

Exactly how it reads in the readme file included with the patch:

-Compatibility patch to support multiplayer with C&C The First Decade.

This patch is being released for technical reasons related to the upcoming The First Decade version. Without this patch, people with The First Decade version will be unable to play multiplayer games with people with retail versions. This does not affect Zero Hour in any way at all; this is a Generals specific issue. So next time you log online to play C&C Generals, the patch will automatically install.

We understand the desire for other changes to be included in this patch for Generals; however, for technical reasons and to ensure everyone could play online with the different versions of Generals between The First Decade and the retail version, we absolutely needed to create a quick patch early on.

In other C&C news, we now have official ?well-run? boards for all things C&C at the official site for The First Decade. I will be starting to proactively communicate on our boards, so be sure to come by and start some threads!

http://www.ea.com/official/cc/firstdecade/us/index.jsp

All the best,

APOC

(Found at PPM.)

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Thanks DC.

One of the best hopes I have for The First Decade is that it will attract more people to RA2/YR... that way the game will last longer, and mods will reach more people too...