Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tunnels?
anybody know how I can make tunnels work in RA2?
This post as well as the thread surrounding it mentions and links some info.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Thanks! The actual making and editing tunnels info was kinda vaugue, but I will try my best to make it happen, and again thanks.
I'm pretty sure there's documentation in FA2's help about making tunnels, too.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
And if there isn't, look at the documentation for FinalSun. The process for making tunnels there can't be too dissimilar...
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
the main problem is that finalalert2 doesn't generate the map code for tunnels properly, so you need to do some manual map code editing. also on top of that, you need the TX to make the tunnel entrances work properly.
You don't need TX for the tunnel tops, just download FA2YR1.02 and then download the FAData.ini that has been debugged for tunnel editing. Then get a hold of Blade. He made a tunnel fix for RA2. I had it but now gone with the wind. And as Bobingabout mentioned, you will need to do some manual editing to the tubes in the map.ini