Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IE, likely not ares related, although I am using it.
Right.

I have 2 yuri sides, 4 soviet and 4 allied, alliance became soviet, arabs became yuri.

anywho, playing assault, arabs keep building tesla reactors for power, not bio reactors.

looked in the map files, nothing, so I figure I need to kick this bug in the head, so I prevent other sides building a side's powerplant with the required/forbidden logic.

YR chucks me an IE.

now I THINK it's because of the above, but I searched modenc for it, and got nothing so here's the except, log and debug.

EDIT:
Yes it is. fixed it by defining all countries powerplants in the relevant sections using AI.PowerPlants=

might be worth documenting the IE EIP#

Attached Files
.rar   o noez i brokend it.rar (Size: 15.19 KB / Downloads: 388)
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
How exactly did you turn arabs over to Yuri? Seems like a bug in my side resolution, maybe...

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
so it works in non-exe-hacked YR, give them the following:
[Arabs]
UIName=Name:Arabs
Name=Arab Union
Suffix=Soviet
Prefix=B
Color=DarkRed
Multiplay=yes
Side=ThirdSide
SmartAI=yes

works fine in other gamemodes, not assault for some reason.
don't forget you also need to edit the [Sides] list to move the apropriate countries to their apropriate sides. (unless you did away with this)
I did that too, edited owners, required houses, forbidden houses ETC. to account for it, worked perfectly in non-ares, behaviour described in original post with ares, hence the adding of required & forbidden to all powerplants, hence the IE.