Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airstrike bug?
if the ROF is low enough, maybe....
CNCM_BLITZ;date=Jan 28 2006, 11:34 PM;post=2233 Wrote:Will that cause the plane to fire 2 shots with 1 swoop?
Yes, indeed it will. That's how I have my MiGs firing 2 rockets simultaneously.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
Would it work to use the fire weapon superweapon with boris airstrike weapon on a building? It doesnt need the laser 'pointer' drawn if it's to look like a superweapon, i just wondered if the logic worked and if that would be an easier way to fix any and all bugs in the spyplane/airstrike method.
[Image: sig.jpg]
The current method works great... The Ammo and Burst stuff can be a bit weird at times.

Here's what I've seen:
If you have Ammo=2 set and Burst=1 set, the plane will fire one missile, do a mock curley shuffle and fire the other.
If you have Ammo=1 set and Burst=2 set, the plane will fire 2 missiles almost simulatenously.

That's what I've seen anyway... and I've not tested higher than those values.
Try giving the voxel a secondary FLH, it might be firing the weapons simultaneously so you only SEE one. Do like, 10,15,10 and 10,-15,10 on your plane.
recall C&C original GDI vs NOD, the reason why airstrike was in there because no side had planes, why would u need a airstrike sup weapon when u have buildalbe planes, thats ur airstrike right there, being savvy gives ur sov cpu enemy ai triggers using migs, so whats the point in having a airstrike sup weapon, solely for cosmetics i guess

And if i may about the tank drop, why....supposing u have like 10 or 20 tanks dropping from 1 plane, its not feasible , the plane wouldnt gain enough altitude to take off with all that weight . To drop tanks in combat with no crew inside risk ur tech falling into enemy hands, or crushing your inf. Notice also on C&C original, tanks were airlifted only to a runway an then unloaded never dropped in midair

....dont get me started on a "so called meteor strike" im still wondering how is this possible, nation controling meteors?? i have seen it all....random interval meteor storms would be more realistic then a player controlled one wouldnt u agree....behold the bueaty of map trigs
I guess the concept of surrealism escapes some people, eh?
Freudianism is for the young.
LOL if your looking for realism your defianetly in the wrong place. Tongue
The meteor storm is easy to explain, Yuri's Psi-corps forces use telekinetic abilitys to draw meteors into near earth orbits and then direct them at their enemies locations.
well, we were going to give CDA an airstrike, because they have no buildable aircraft, except 1 carryall aircraft to replace the hovercraft.
Posting with my footr in my mouth.....i finally caved and added in a airstrike, pretty surpised at the result, but still very hostile at a tank drop.

ammo=(?) is the key
well if you don't want an tank drop then use light vehicles, the germans and russians use to paradrop small vehicles in there airborne forces and also since you can use custom paradrop planes, what about FlightLevel adjustment?

finally you want an real war game?

then make an TC or switch to an different game.

In the end its all down to personal preference.
This is the second time u told me to switch to a new game becuase i dont use yuri in yuri's revenge, Clearly u havent played online,

F.Y.I if u pick yuri in custom match online u will be immedeatly kicked frm game an called a nooblet

a majority of gamers do not play with yuri at all, im not the only one
yeah we call you noobs I call you an bigger noob for playing unmodded YR in the first place.

your arguement is about as valid a tactic as grand cannon mcv's or battle fortress, prism tank,  rocketeer, dolphin, basic tank rush spam or my personal favourite, iraqi desolator whoring in half tracks.

The entire game is unbalanced.

so yes i have played online and know all the so called "skills" i.e. build your structures in an line.

also its kinda hilarious when you talk about realism when you have chrono, tesla and naval animals such as kraken as units.

Also despite XWIS best intentions there are still noobs using trainers and hacks.