Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When/how can I get my hands on this?
Yeah, sure. It works for everyone but you, but it's the patch's fault. Rolling eyes
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Ah, it didnt work becuse I didint have orginal gamemd.exe
So it works now but its kinda bad that it only works on orginal exe file.

What if you want only Laser Fence from Ares and the rest from RP/NP?
Shouldnt that be better+
It should aslo be possible to disable certian features
Why should the ares developers worry about compatibility with something buggy and that they don't themselves maintain? The ideas is that eventually ares will have the features of those patches plus more anyhow. You could write your own dll's against npatch if you wanted though.
(06.09.2009, 23:14:32)Guest Wrote: Ah, it didnt work becuse I didint have orginal gamemd.exe
So it works now but its kinda bad that it only works on orginal exe file.

What if you want only Laser Fence from Ares and the rest from RP/NP?
Shouldnt that be better+
It should aslo be possible to disable certian features

I would love to hear how you'd design a system that relies on being able to inject code in specific places in an executable without the security that those places are where they should be, or even exist at all.

I mean, seriously - your criticism is akin to "Why can't I use the USA maps on my GPS to navigate through Russia?". Have you stopped once and thought before bitching? Have you ever pondered how the system is doing what it's doing, if it's actually possible to do what you want?

In addition, as Blade pointed out, you're free to write your own stuff. Ares is open source. If you want NPatch features, go get the API and write them. If you only want the laser fences from the rest of the code, remove everything else.
The limitation here is not on the programmers' side. The limitation is in your willingness to work for what you want.

I'm also not sure what kind of un-disable-able feature you mean. I don't remember any new feature being discussed that was forced upon all users without a way to turn it off.
Frankly, you seem like the perfect example of why only select people are testers - you don't seem to have any idea what Syringe/Ares is, how it works, what it does, or why you need it. You just want it because it's the cool thing to have these days.

Do us all a favor and either RTFM, or get lost.
The way you behave at the moment will not be tolerated.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
By the way, to whoever runs this forum,there is a slight grammar mistake with the Thank ability, When mutiple people give thanks to a poster it still reads! "Thank Given by" when it should really be "Thanks" /Grammar Nazi

\edited on 8/9/09 for grammar and spelling, yep i am human!
Homicide-Its their only way out! Dead
I'm guessing that's to do with the software itself and not necessarily the action of the admins.
(and if you really want to be stringent about grammar, your signature should have "It's" as opposed to "Its" Tongue)
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
The Thank system is not even part of the forum, it's a mod. Guessing from its English, I'd say the author is not a native speaker.
That being said, since modifying it would mean having to apply the modification every single time I update the mod, it stays the way it is.
Forum Rules