Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When/how can I get my hands on this?
Hey all, since most of you guys in this sector of the RA2 community don't really know me, I'm a bigtime major RA2/YR modder, been at it for almost half my life (that's 8 years now), and been working on my one huge modding project (RA2:ChronoStorm) for almost 2 years now (and still no full, completely done release version, but 1.5 beta is on the table Wink).

So anyways, enough on that, I registered here because I have been following the Ares/Syringe/RP2 project since I first heard about it about 3 months ago, and I have been wondering for some time now: Just how can I go about getting my hands on this DLL insertion?

This isn't a "zOMG PLEASE MAEK MEH A BETA TEZTOR NOW I NEED 2!" demand, but if there are any beta testing spots open, or if there is a public release anywhere, I'd certainly be interested.

I've already read much of the feature list and already got lots of plans... Tongue
We are not currently looking for new testers, though there's a milestone coming when we will be. You'll see a news post in the Ares section when that happens, keep your eyes open!

Side note, the testing builds are not really hidden, if you find 'em you can keep 'em, lol.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Hehe, I know some people will be happy to hear that LOL
Hahahahaha, indeed.
(02.09.2009, 21:15:09)DCoder Wrote: Side note, the testing builds are not really hidden, if you find 'em you can keep 'em, lol.

where? I cant wait anymore for Laser Fence & Firestorm logic Confused
Well, if I told everyone it would ruin the point of having designated beta-testers. If you know where to look, you'll find them, if not, you'll just have to wait for the public releases. Then again, if you wait for the public releases you won't have to deal with bugs.

Oh, and if I find posts on the forums saying "lol I found Ares test builds see here", I'll really make them inaccessible to the public.

I found it, I wont tell any1 where I found it but can you tell me how to use it? when I press on Syringe.exe it says "Syringe cant jsut be run like that. Please run a syringe control file!"

now what is a "syringe control file!"?
You must make a file called
Quote:Syringe.bat
, then edit it with notepad and put the text
Quote:syringe "gamemd.exe"
iirc.
I do that, then I open the bat file but game dont launch. I opend Task Mananger, I saw gamemd.exe and Syringe.exe but they disappear almost immediately
go into your RA2 folder and type:

Syringe "gamemd.exe"

in the URL bar, should work.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
I don't use Syringe......but shouldn't you inject something, too?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
nope, it seems to auto-find the DLL/INJ files.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
Yes, assuming you actually have some...have you seen the guest mention either?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
heehee

And that is why people should wait for public releases. Documentation.

(06.09.2009, 01:08:44)MRMIdAS Wrote: go into your RA2 folder and type:

Syringe "gamemd.exe"

in the URL bar, should work.

it worked once, very strange. Kinda buggy patch we have here