Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Problems.. I'll be away for a while.
I apparently messed up with my pc.. And my usual no-back-up attitude costs me an year's worth CnC related and other works, unless I find a way to recover the files.. Ofcourse, you guys could help, but you probably won't (Its more like hacking into an old OS in my system)

I managed to get the files, but I didn get any access to them, I can't even get them out of the system (can't copy them to a portable media).. That being said, google isn't getting me helpful results either..

Anyways, the main headline is that I, Tempest, will be away from modding and Beta Testing Ares until I 'completely recover' the 'found' files. (i'll hang out in the forums though).
ALL HAIL!!!! King of the Loosers
ugh.. Never mind..

[Image: 9c3cfb081d.png]

"Engine 2 is 'no longer' on fire." -One of those penguins from Madagascar (though, I can't seem to recall that guy's name.. Nay, who cares?)
Depends on what you did. If you have XP, you can assume control of the files.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
Explain your situation a little more clearly. Can you see the files in Windows Explorer, but get an Access Denied error or something? If so, follow Beowulf's advice, and use the Security tab on file properties to take ownership of the files.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
If its XP that only works in Pro and only then if you have turned off simple file sharing. In Home you have to do it in safe mode.
And if you use Media Centre Edition, it's basically the same as Professional.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
They're fixed.. (Though, I stupidly deleted numerous files earlier, thinking they are lost) Luckily the most important stuff remain Big Grin
ALL HAIL!!!! King of the Loosers
ugh.. Never mind..

[Image: 9c3cfb081d.png]

"Engine 2 is 'no longer' on fire." -One of those penguins from Madagascar (though, I can't seem to recall that guy's name.. Nay, who cares?)