Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadows casted on bridge tiles
Does anybody know how the game knows which subtiles of a bridge tmp can have shadows casted on them?
[Image: ra2bridge.png]
In the game, tiles that have a green + on them have shadows casted on them, tiles that are marked with a red - sign on them do not.
Does anyone know how this is determined by the game? Can I somehow tell the game not to cast shadows on a certain subtile? Is z-data used at all? Thanks for any answers.
The first bridge overlay is placed over the centre tile out of the ones you marked green. The overlay is drawn to cover the 5 cells marked and so they get their shadow like all cells under the bridge overlay.
Thanks Blade, what you said is entirely correct. In my map rendering tool I need an offset for bridge overlays, however it apperas this offset was reversely applied to the shadows casted by these bridges, resulting in them seemingly being casted on different tiles. I had spent quite some time on this already, but after I read your post I got it figured out in a minute. Thanks again.
Completely off topic so I apologise but it's "cast" not "casted". "Casted" isn't a word.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
lol, you're remindind me of my CPE teacher..
ALL HAIL!!!! King of the Loosers
ugh.. Never mind..

[Image: 9c3cfb081d.png]

"Engine 2 is 'no longer' on fire." -One of those penguins from Madagascar (though, I can't seem to recall that guy's name.. Nay, who cares?)