Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campaigns and Rock Patch
DCoder Wrote:Edit #3: I found the cause of the A02/S02 crashes - new dummy countries with nonexistant CSF definitions and duplicate Name= entries. Costed me a whole day of tracking down...
However, now I get an IE (except attached) in S02 whenever I try to scroll to the enemy base, even if it is still shrouded. Any ideas what causes it?
had both of those problems before :blink:

the IE i had well over 3 years ago, which was caused by a missing ART Entry. its probably a tile(or unit/structure) thats not defined anywhere.

the CSF string thing is that bastard that tripped me up last month with R:BOTH, when i spent 2 days coding it without any tests, then another day trying to figure out why it never worked. the code was perfect, except i had missing CSF country strings.
Well, we know that for DeploysInto it should not be used for the selection trick in rules because it creates phantom buildings.
UMP6 has this problem - 'twill be fixed in UMP7.

Does placing the DeploysInto stuff in the maps rather than rules solve your IE?

The IE with DeploysInto might be related to phantom buildings/vehicles.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
@Blade: Yes, that's Urban. Btw, I'm sorry for repeating myself, but my script still didn't fix the scripttypes. I am REALLY going to fix it tomorrow. Is there anything else I should fix?

@Marshall: I have not yet had time to test the (Und|D)eployInto= stuff in maps, will test tomorrow.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Redefining it in the map still makes it crash.
[Image: antitxtbanner3eg.gif]
Nothing off the top of my head that I haven't already included in that text file apart from disabling all the YR stuff and making a few modifications to seom units. Behaviour of tanya and seal was changed for example and some missions become incredibly easy when seals are dropped in that can C4 units.
Um, Seals can't C4 units, only Tanya can?
I also remembered (the hard way, lol) that MultiSpecial was changed to NukeSpecial.

By the way, I encountered a strange thing in A08 (Rescue San Diego) - putting Tanya in my IFV resulted in "Critical Unit Lost, Mission Failed". Otherwise, the whole allied campaign up to the start of YR went just fine.

One more note, certain triggers fire when a house builds a certain unit/infantry type (by index). And mods which reorder the [xxxTypes], obviously need to fix those triggers too.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
hmmm. maybe you should look at some of the other YR missions to see if the code has changed for critical unit. theres a couple where you have tanya.
Yeah, there was that multimissile thing, there were probably other things I fixed that I didn't document too and there might be stuff in the soviet campaign I have no idea about because I never tested that campaign. I know there are some triggers that rely on the order of the units and infantry arrays, but I never changed those arrays so never worried about it.

I'm sure seals were able to C4 units in the allied mission to destroy the mayan prism towers when I tested it, it was a long time ago though.
Seals do have C4 but they can only use it on buildings. If they attack a unit they try to shoot it. Wich usualy means :bye2: seal.
Which really sucks because they auto attack vehicles. :S
edit the seals weapon to give 0% versus against vehicles, then they won't.
That's one way of fixing it.