Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Except Non Ares
I know this is the wrong forum, But not sure where else to post, Im trying to get this sorted out so I can get back to testing Ares but I was just playing Vanilla YR Nothing but Westwoods YR and 1.001

& I got an IE Im just wondering if DCoder could spare a moment to let me know?

Because when using area's I get a Game Crash around the same Time Frame just not an Internal Error Crash a windows Crash.

Thanks

Except Attached

Attached Files
.txt   vanillaexcept.txt (Size: 27.16 KB / Downloads: 420)

Administrative Notice:

Moved.

Drawing routines crashed while trying to paint a SHP on the sidebar.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
(27.05.2009, 18:34:08)DCoder Wrote:

Administrative Notice:

Moved.

Drawing routines crashed while trying to paint a SHP on the sidebar.

Is this normal for Vanilla YR?
Because Surely that shouldn't be =/
Might be a corrupted mix or exe file. Or loose modding files in the folder. Something that disturbs the loading of the sidebar graphics.
Maybe try to copy/replace the mix files from the installation CD?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(28.05.2009, 05:35:55)Renegade Wrote: Might be a corrupted mix or exe file. Or loose modding files in the folder. Something that disturbs the loading of the sidebar graphics.

I see Smile
Thanks

I shall see if this corrects the issues i am having Smile
(28.05.2009, 10:31:55)hogo Wrote:
(28.05.2009, 05:35:55)Renegade Wrote: Might be a corrupted mix or exe file. Or loose modding files in the folder. Something that disturbs the loading of the sidebar graphics.

I see Smile
Thanks

I shall see if this corrects the issues i am having Smile

Okay so I copied the files & Such I also Copied the EXE's from the disc and played worked no crashes, Updated to latest patch & Got another IE

Attached below
Help would be most grateful Smile

Thanks.

Attached Files
.txt   except.txt (Size: 27.4 KB / Downloads: 420)
It's the exact same problem. I'll be damned if I know what's wrong though.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
What's interesting is that downgrading to 1.0 apparently fixed it, from what he says.
That suggests that the issue is somewhere in the modifications done by 1.001.

Could everyone, including Hogo, please generate md5 hashes of their patch exes? That way, we can check if Hogo's patch is corrupted.

I just downloaded the version from filefront, and the hash is 9514cd03d65c69588fe9fcd118f6ff32.

P.S.: ewwwwwwww EA has taken over Westwood's FTP :S And removed all YR-related content. Great shot. Now there's no official download location for the patch.
Someone remind me to download them elsewhere ASAP and mirror them.

P.P.S.: For those of you who don't have an md5 hash generator yet (weirdos Tongue), get md5deep.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(30.05.2009, 09:50:32)Renegade Wrote: What's interesting is that downgrading to 1.0 apparently fixed it, from what he says.

Could everyone, including Hogo, please generate md5 hashes of their patch exes? That way, we can check if Hogo's patch is corrupted.

I just downloaded the version from filefront, and the hash is 9514cd03d65c69588fe9fcd118f6ff32.

P.S.: ewwwwwwww EA has taken over Westwood's FTP :S And removed all YR-related content. Great shot. Now there's no official download location for the patch.

P.P.S.: For those of you who don't have an md5 hash generator yet (weirdos Tongue), get md5deep.

I used the patch that downloads from the Servers when you attempt to login, Could that patch be corrupt?
(30.05.2009, 23:45:36)hogo Wrote:
(30.05.2009, 09:50:32)Renegade Wrote: What's interesting is that downgrading to 1.0 apparently fixed it, from what he says.

I used the patch that downloads from the Servers when you attempt to login, Could that patch be corrupt?

I have that patch.

It's not corrupt, or at least it wasn't.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
MD5 of my english 1.001 patch: "9514cd03d65c69588fe9fcd118f6ff32"

Hogo, dunno, never done it that way before. I suggest you download the executable patch from somewhere else and try that. If it doesn't work, check the MD5 against the above to see that it matches.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
...or just check the md5 first to see if the patch was fine or not.
Forum Rules

I was assuming the auto-update didn't leave you with an executable patch - if it does then of course, check the MD5.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
I have no Idea how to Create an MD5 I have the Zip/Rar but its like wtf? 5 Applications what do I use how do I do it.
P.S I went back to 1.0 again, Didn't crash, I Downloaded the 1.001 from filefront & am going to test that when I return from work.