Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move mods onto Launch Base!
It's been ages since anyone's seen me post here. And even longer since I stuck my nose into the modding community. I had forgotten about Launch Base, Ares, and much more. But I'm back, and have found that LB has a public release. So, with some free time on my hands, I'm going to try to start a movement to get mods to use LB over the old XCC exe programs. Now, I can't guarantee I'll get everyone, but if I'm assisted, then maybe we could spread LB around to Revora, PPM, and any other place where mods are released. And put this program into the use it was designed for.

Anyone with me?
(I'd say, you are welcome to do so..).. ooh, look at my signature Tongue
ALL HAIL!!!! King of the Loosers
ugh.. Never mind..

[Image: 9c3cfb081d.png]

"Engine 2 is 'no longer' on fire." -One of those penguins from Madagascar (though, I can't seem to recall that guy's name.. Nay, who cares?)
I would have done so already, except the program is still missing DCoder's DLL. This is used to stick everything in MIX files and stuff. So I'm holding off on using LaunchBase until this is done. I'm not a fan of loose files.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Well, I was in IRC last night (or early this morning, whichever) and I think that someone by the name of Ahrotahntee has taken the project into his consideration. The DLL might just get finished.

That's as much as I know. And, you could still put your files in MIXes and the MIXes into your LBMC file. Tongue 2
I knew I could do that, but then it's just unnecessary hassle when it comes around to converting it for use with the DLL-boosted Launch Base. Meh, my attitude is still the same as it's been since Launch Base first started all those eons ago. I'll wait for the DLL.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
I already organise my files in the launchbase mods directory, 'manually'.. plus.. by the time Omega Tempest is ready for a first release, Ares would come out, and so would D's DLL.... Not what I'd call a problem..
ALL HAIL!!!! King of the Loosers
ugh.. Never mind..

[Image: 9c3cfb081d.png]

"Engine 2 is 'no longer' on fire." -One of those penguins from Madagascar (though, I can't seem to recall that guy's name.. Nay, who cares?)
There is also the [more important] issue of audio.bag - LB needs the DLL in order to create that.
But we're certainly getting closer to a full implementation.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.