Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bizarre Internal Error
First, I don't have any idea what is causing this error; it is quite sudden in its appearance.

The only file that has changed since I was last able to run Yuri's Revenge in a stable manner was my rulesmd.ini. I removed this file and let the game fall back on my last stable version, but it crashed still.

What happens is:
I start a skirmish match. The load screen never appears (black screen), but the music plays. It finishes loading. I know this because the loading screen music stops, EVA warning occurs for a pre-existing super on the map, but the screen remains black and the game crashes to desktop with the "Main Executable for Yuri's Revenge has stopping working" generic error message.

The EIP is 0069E58B

Attached Files
.txt   except.txt (Size: 25.57 KB / Downloads: 395)
Star Strike Next Beta :V.7x -- (current version=V.6x Build 2)
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
In my experience, "main executable" errors are usually to do with Compatibility mode not being set to Windows 98/ME. Try that and see if it still occurs. DCoder can probably shed more light on it with the except though...
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
I am running in Win98/ME Compatibility mode.
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
I looked at the except and it looks like it had to do with a bad SHP header. But like I said, DCoder will know right off the bat.

Maybe I should pester him for the updated database...
Crashed because it couldn't find shroud.shp or fog.shp .

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Ok...

No idea on how that could happen, but thanks anyways!

EDIT: I went through my RA2.mix, both Shroud.shp and Fog.shp are there. I removed all modification files, and I am still getting this crash on stock YR.

I patched my YR to 1.001, updated WOL Internet Components (unrelated, but I had the TS version of them) and re-applied my no-CD.

UPDATE: I have put Shroud.shp and Fog.shp into my main directory, the game no longer crashes.

It appears that the game is not reading certain parts of the RA2.mix file. Infantry and animations from stock RA2 no longer appear, but stuff from YR appears just fine. Voxels and buildings appear just fine.

Several interface elements are gone like the building placement grid, outline on health bars, but oddly enough veterancy symbols and the health bars themselves appear.
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
Try a reinstall. That's where I'd start first.
Reinstall, and if that fails you'll need a new copy of the game... Good luck Wink
(11.05.2009, 21:45:17)Beowulf Wrote: Try a reinstall. That's where I'd start first.
Only if I had my YR disk.

There is a reason as to why this is happening, though. I am going to try seeing what happens in stock RA2, if I can get that disk to read.

EDIT-
RA2 works fine. None of the above issues are occurring.

EDIT 2-
I reinstalled the game with an ISO today, patched up to 1.001 and it worked. I still think it is freaky.
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website