Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100 unit bug not happening?
Hi,

A day ago I was looking over my rulesmd.ini when I noticed that my VehicleTypes list was still the same as the original, so I reorganized it so I could put more units in to avoid the 100-unit bug. However, due to doing that at 1:30AM in the morning, I made a mistake and put in 206=DTRUCK, which is the demolition truck.
I fired up the game on Stacked Odds, and then suddenly when I tried to view the enemy's base, my YR shut down, and it wasn't an internal error. I had recently installed PockPatch 1.07. The game just shut down. The except.txt didn't have any usable information, because it hadn't been modified, according to Windows.
However, the AI was sending rushes and rushes of tanks, and there were 2 Libyan AIs on the field. So why didn't they non-stop build Demo Trucks? I'm sure they didn't, because all 6 computers were attacking me.
The only place where DTRUCK is mentioned other than in the [DTRUCK] and [VehicleTypes] section is in the SecretUnits= tag. Would the SecretUnits= tag have caused the AI to work normally? But that doesn't seem right.
So, what happened? I have yet to test whether the same unidentified automatic game closure happens with the VehicleTypes listing corrected. I also am modifying the UMP rulesmd.ini. Any....hypothesises(sp?)?
The numbers on the left side of the list don't do ANYTHING. You can have
[VehicleTypes]
CRAP=AMCV
95=CMIN
7+9^2=SREF
5000001=DTRUCK
-500=APOC

and it would still eval into
[VehicleTypes]
1=AMCV
2=CMIN
3=SREF
4=DTRUCK
5=APOC
ingame.

You need to actually have 102+ buildable units in the list for the bug to arise.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
DCoder;date=Nov 13 2005, 07:56 AM;post=1982 Wrote:The numbers on the left side of the list don't do ANYTHING. You can have
[VehicleTypes]
CRAP=AMCV
95=CMIN
7+9^2=SREF
5000001=DTRUCK
-500=APOC

and it would still eval into
[VehicleTypes]
1=AMCV
2=CMIN
3=SREF
4=DTRUCK
5=APOC
ingame.

You need to actually have 102+ buildable units in the list for the bug to arise.

what DCoder said, but, the internal list would actually be:
[VehicleTypes]
0=AMCV
1=CMIN
2=SREF
3=DTRUCK
4=APOC
Oops Tongue Still, whether the internal list is one-based or zero-based, in this case it's the amount of entries, not the indexation method that matters.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3