Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
missing paratroopers
I was using the NPatch until I read a post saying not to support the NPatch and installed the Rock Patch. Before the Rock Patch was installed my paratroopers showed up. Then I went back to earlier rulesmd.ini that my uncle edited because of some problems I was having. And since then the computer's paratroopers act like chrono troopers that do not show up, they are suppose to be infantry. All of the original Infantry Troops have been deleted and the troopers did work using the NPatch. Any idea what would cause this?
Poland's Revenge......... a CAJE production...........release date 1/1/2011
RP bugginess, or the feature not being in RP (not sure about this one) would cause it.

Just because NPatch is hated by many, doesn't mean you have to listen, especially if your mod depends on it...

Then again, it could be your uncles fault. I find letting others into your code without documenting every change, quite haphazard, as others may go make changes, having almost random effects for you.

btw, if you install programs just because some post on the internet tells you to, then I'm telling you to re-install NPatch and wait for Ares.
No, my uncle had it working, he has the NPatch installed. I unistalled it and installed the Rock Patch. I was thinking the NPatch is what made it work, but when I tried to uninstalled the Rock Patch and reinstall the NPatch it says something about a modified file to reinstall the game. So before I reinstall the game I would ask the question first. Thank MT
* Renegade sighs

Let me ask the obvious question: Are we talking about custom paratroopers? i.e. additional paratroopers built based on an NPatch feature?
Or normal ones as they would appear in the unmodded game?
(Your paratroopers work in NPatch. They do not work in RockPatch. Is it so hard to add 2+2 and check if maybe your paratroopers depend on NPatch?)
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(18.02.2009, 20:25:01)Renegade Wrote: ...
* Renegade sighs

Let me ask the obvious question: Are we talking about custom paratroopers? i.e. additional paratroopers built based on an NPatch feature?
Or normal ones as they would appear in the unmodded game?
(Your paratroopers work in NPatch. They do not work in RockPatch. Is it so hard to add 2+2 and check if maybe your paratroopers depend on NPatch?)

Well, I was having issues with the AI troopers not showing up. I had to get a copy of the orignal patch to reinstalled the NPatch and now it works (orig troops). The question was asked to see if the conflict was the patch, There was a post that stated that either patch would have worked, but now I know 2+2 = chair. So I will sticj with using the NPatch till ARES is out as suggested. Now, I want to add custom paratroopers for each country.
I add this to the SuperWeapons list

[PolishParaDropSpecial]
UIName=NameTongueolish Para
Name=Polish Para
IsPowered=false
RechargeTime=4
Type=SovParaDrop
Action=SovParaDrop
ParaDropPlane=PDPLANE3
DropUnits=POLI
DropUnitsNum=9
SidebarImage=APARICON
ShowTimer=yes
DisableableFromShell=no
AuxBuilding=SORADR
EvaReady=EVA_ReinforcementsReady
AITargetingType=6

I copied the Alled Air Force and made one for the Soviet Side. I changed the SuperWeapon to PolishParaDropSpecial. I have read other posts, I have seen how Mental Omega has the rules set up and all I get when I click on the para icon is nothing
That's because you reused the action you moron... That's why we can't have more paradrops in the vanilla game; and for the record only your brain could come out with 2+2=chair.
One of my team mates was talking to someone that is what I was told to use. So I am not the moron.....and as for 2+2=chair, you have no idea what it is referring to. If the moron who had been giving me bad info comes on the site knows exactly what I am saying.
(22.02.2009, 11:54:58)Drizzt DoUrden Wrote: One of my team mates was talking to someone that is what I was told to use. So I am not the moron.....and as for 2+2=chair, you have no idea what it is referring to. If the moron who had been giving me bad info comes on the site knows exactly what I am saying.

Does it work?

no.

Then whoever gives you info is a moron.

You've already been told what you did wrong, try listening to what you've been told, and learn from it.

Just don't come back here giving us shit because you/your "expert" did something wrong, then give us shit when we call you/your "expert" on your/his/her mistakes.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
I never said that this person was an expert, all I said that was that someone gave the info. The info was given, the info was wrong, I asked for help. I wasn't giving anyone s**t for the mistake, I gave s**t to pvt Albrecht to being so abrasive. The info was wrong and i asked for help, end of subject. Why is it that I can't get help. I am using the NPatch Special Edition 1.05.0022 and I have the MDK and having no success.
The NPatch isn't hosted here and, as far as I am aware, most people here neither use nor support the NPatch - they support Ares. Which is a completely different product.

If you are having a problem with the NPatch then you'll probably get more help on the NPatch forums/website (assuming there are any). At least, you're more likely to get help there than here.

Most people here can't help you with the NPatch because most people here don't use it or understand it.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
ARGH. It missed my damned post... I'll distill this for you Dourden:
Use new action for each SW
Grow Brain
Shut up
Find someone stupid to demean, I have a mod and a team at PPM; I have every right to call you a moron.
Quote:Most people here can't help you with the NPatch because most people here don't use it or understand it.
Amen to that...

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
problem solved nutsack <<< directed at al-bytch. As for using the Npatch, it works for me for now, I'll discard it when Ares is out.
Quote:al-bytch
Congratulations. not only are you rude and vain you are also definitely an idiot. Only someone of your idiocy could mis-spell bitch; and I understand the context of 2+2=chair; you're still an idiot.
Albrecht, I have already warned him for that. Please don't force me to do the same with you.

Administrative Notice:

Since it is obvious that this thread is descending into flames: Closed.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.