Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix is broken
Bang head against wallCensoredMad
*Hides my anger for a few minutes*

So I downloaded lots of stuff from this fake torrent eMule.
My computer went nuts. I copied my rulesmd.ini to my mix file, launched the game, and my computer completely froze.
I resterted my computer and expandmd10.mix was broken and my rulesmd.ini is gone! The wierd thing is that the game can read the mix file but not XCC Mixer, I say the XCC Mixer is a crappy tool.
Anyway now I need help to fix my mix file!

I tried to copy data in Hex Editor from my older backup to the broken one, it didnt work.

(please dont suspect me of trying to brake a leech-killed file)
Engaging telepathic link.

Also, what kind of baboon copies his rules to the frickin' retail MIXes? Fix in two words: reinstall YR.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
I have one rules in my Westwood folder, and one in my mix that the game use.
The one in Westwood folder did I lost.
Also, how will reinstall YR help me fix my mix?
Cut your losses and move on.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
so, you want to get your rulesmd from the broken mix?

Easy thing, it is.

Just open the Mix in notepad and search. There should be the whole inis right easy to find.

The protection is enough to stop the conventional noobs, but with some practice and Frhed, anything can be done.
(05.02.2009, 18:44:11)mt. Wrote: so, you want to get your rulesmd from the broken mix?

Easy thing, it is.

Just open the Mix in notepad and search. There should be the whole inis right easy to find.

The protection is enough to stop the conventional noobs, but with some practice and Frhed, anything can be done.
It wont work becuse all the ini files(rules,art,sound,ai) is mixed there.

(05.02.2009, 18:27:06)DCoder Wrote: Cut your losses and move on.
There is to mutch to lose, I have worked very long for this file, its not just some noob codes there!!!
Yes, it will work. That is how we did it in the old days. (You newbs have no idea how good you have it >_>)
Check a regular ini to see what lines it begins with and what lines it ends with; open the appropriate mix with a text editor (I'd say wordpad or better textpad or notepad++, but plain notepad could work as well), search for the beginning line, copy everything until the ending line, paste in a new file, save.

Alternatively, you can go to the XCC utilities page, download the XCC MIX Command Line Tool, and see if that does anything. Very most likely it's based on the same reading algorithm, though.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
everything restored after some hard hours of work!
its wasnt easy