Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Player Campaign
I made my first campaign map and it works, but when it goes to the second map it says it can not initiate the next scenario. I adjusted the battle.ini, the mapselmd.ini and nothing. I can play the second map by selected it in the campaign list. I have seen the modenc topic on

Making The YR Singleplayer Campaign Work With Your Mod

Modenc states "Unfortunately, due to the structure of the game, simply adding any new BuildingTypes to the list in the Rules(md).ini file will actually prevent players from being able to accomplish missions in Campaign mode.'

The player buildings names were changed. Can this be a problem? I have looked at Mental Omega's maps and ini and can't figure it out.

"Now, the way missions are completed is through the use of triggers which detect when the player performs a certain task; e.g. has destroyed X unit, or captured all X buildings"

This is the win/lose trigger, right?

I read this part:

Campaign Buildings

402=CAPOWR01 ;From all01umd (Allied Mission 1)
403=CAPOWR02
404=CAPOWR03
405=CAPOWR04
406=CAPOWR05
407=CAPOWR06
408=CAPOWR07
409=CAPOWR08
410=CAPOWRAA ;From all03umd (Allied Mission 3)

I remember having to capture the power plants to power up. If the first 2 bold sections are not the problem, would that mean I have to add my objectives buildings somewhere in order for campaign 2 map to load?
Poland's Revenge......... a CAJE production...........release date 1/1/2011
there should be a tag for the next map.

copy the tag from the original map to your new one, and it should load the next map, providing you've named the files the same.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
The problem is not getting the next map to load. This whole "problem" affects only the original YR campaigns, not custom ones.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
The following files are the battlemd, mapselmd and the map. If you can look at these and tell me where I went wrong I would appreciate it. You will have a problem if you open the map in FA2 because it was created by a former member who created new tiles. The map filecan be opened and can be read with a Photoshop c3 program. The first ma is sov01umd.map the second map is sov02umd.map. If there is another file I need to show please let me know.
Player is german house which is a GDI side, the soviet maps are only listed in mapselmd.ini under the Nod mission progression. Campaign progression must have the main playable side match the side the maps belong to in mapselmd.ini. This is also why it is impossible to make missions follow on for ThirdSide without modifying mapselmd.ini.
(05.02.2009, 02:10:53)Blade Wrote: Player is german house which is a GDI side, the soviet maps are only listed in mapselmd.ini under the Nod mission progression. Campaign progression must have the main playable side match the side the maps belong to in mapselmd.ini. This is also why it is impossible to make missions follow on for ThirdSide without modifying mapselmd.ini.

Ok, I understand what you are saying. So if I want this to work, I would have to change the Germans from GDI to what every Yuri is in the rules?
No, the maps are part of the soviet campaign at the moment (according to mapselmd.ini the map names you have used are listed in the [Nod] progression list (Sov01, Sov02 and so on). Just change the map file names to those from the GDI progression instead and it will work (assuming the player side is going to be germans throughout). I believe I contributed an article on modenc that explains how all this works (to some degree at least). I do hope you are not trying to make a campaign where you play as different sides in different missions. You can create the illusion that as far as the player knows that is happening, but you can't actually have that happen as far as the game is concerned.
No, the player in the Soviet Campaign is Poland (replacing Iraq). Lithuania would replace Yuri and be an ally of Poland and I would make another ally of Poland . The Allied Campaign you would first be, Germany, then Soviets, then france, then England, Asian, African, Middle East. So I would have to put all the countries on Allied and leave Poland (iraq) on the soviets? I am thinking that might throw the game off, having 3 on Soviet Side and 7 on Allied side. And if that is the case my team & I might have to rethink this mod/campaign. Thank you for your responses.
You can do this on a per map basis by setting overrides on ownership of the necessary units and structures and providing an MCV for the side you want to pretend to be. However the UI will need to remain as being for the side the campaign started for. You do not have to change anything in rulesmd.ini to make this work.