Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infantry squad truck
Hi People

I wanted to ask if it is possible to make a truck from the weapon factory which leaves an infantry squad when deployed. It does not matter if the truck just dissapears.

Right now I am using the following logics:

A normal truck deploys into a slave miner building. There is no ore on the map, so the slave miner undeploys right after being deployed. I set the tag:
UndeploysInto=none, so it sells automatically.
I give it a high Soylent and let it give a lot of G.I. and some Technician (which I changed to GGI).

Now, this gives me like 2k money back, so I have to set its cost ultra-high and if a truck dies a lot of money is lost.

Has anyone an idea how to fix it? Maybe it is not a good idea to use the Crewed logics.
The AnimToInfantry logic is usually the go-to mechanism for any infantry magic. Your solution is rather creative, though - especially your used of UndeploysInto is new to me (and undocumented on ModEnc).
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
behold, a theory...

(this requires you be familar with the INIs, as I cannot be arsed to explain every single thing...)

PART 1

1. Make it deploy to a "fake" building,
Commodus in a tutorial Wrote:; The building that will make the work around work. The following 5 tags make the building less of a building ie. more of a work around.
Insignificant=yes ; Eva/Zofia won’t announce it as a loss
Spyable=no ; can’t be infiltrated
Capturable=no ; can’t be captured
Selectable=no ; can’t be selected (it defeats the purpose)
Repairable=no ; no point Smile
Strength=1 ; This will make the building weak so its easier to clean up the
courtesy of here

2. Give it these above tags of a "fake" building, except make it crewed.

3. Make give the building an active anim with high damage and rate (so its dead before you see it)

4. Give it a cost high enough so it give the # of inf you want (calculate it).

PART 2

(this might have problems, or not work)

5. Make the building a give the building's deathweapon the Infdeath logic that ren suggested, with some cellspread* (2 should be fine).
If this doesn't work (maybe inf come after weapon?), then bring it through something else like debris to delay it.

*officially makeInf with cellspread causes IEs with paradrops, but this isn't that major, as the odds of deploying right when a paradrop, with infantry that close by are acceptable.
Quote:Your use of UndeploysInto is new to me (and undocumented on ModEnc).
No no no no. UndeploysInto defaults to a NULL pointer, and the VehicleType lookup function translates "none" and "<none>" to the same NULL pointer, basically UndeploysInto=none is the same as omitting UndeploysInto at all.
Kenji's vehicle undeploys cause it's a Slave Miner that has no ore nearby.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Either it sells or it doesn't sell....there's not really a middle ground...Lift eyebrow
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Right, that's what I get for reading before being completely awake...

Thank you for all the answers. Well, I can not use this AnimToInfantry, because I am only making maps and therefore I have no access to artmd.ini. I can not draw anything anyway Big Grin

But maybe the solution is in here:

Quote:2. Give it these above tags of a "fake" building, except make it crewed.

3. Make give the building an active anim with high damage and rate (so its dead before you see it)

4. Give it a cost high enough so it give the # of inf you want (calculate it).

I only need normal G.I. to leave the truck.

I think I’ll do it like this instead of selling: The building attacks anything on the map and spawns an invisible hornet or something like that. The hornet is unable to move and suicides (parabomb like), and causes big damage to the builidng (the building can not be suiciding and leave crew at the same time).
The explosion of the hornet kills the building, but heals the leaving troops so they spawn with full health.

I hope this works. I will try it this evening.

Kenji
Just spawn some particles via NaturalParticleSystem instead.

Duh... Particle Systems... I hate it.
I don't even know if I have to add it on the weapon or on the warhead. I was never able to spawn even one particle. Except the old MMK2 Rifle residual from TS.
Well, I will try to work this out, but I do not have a lot of time.
ModEnc is your friend...

Ok i got this with the particles working and the building damages and kills itself. But i experienced an unexpected problem: If a building is killed, it will leave maximum as many infantries as the building had cells. So this means a Pillbox gives one G.I. and a Const Yard gives the overall surviver maximum of 5 G.I.

I thought survivers are based of soylent. Does anyone know how to solve that one? Maybe Crewed=yes infantry? Big Grin