Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DockingOffset0
I am creating a new Air Force Command and yes I did read the MODENC. I am having trouble with my planes sitting properly on the "runway". This is my code for a 6 dock airfield

Code:
DockingOffset0=0,-128,0      
DockingOffset1=0,128,0      
DockingOffset2=0,256,0
DockingOffset3=256,-128,0    
DockingOffset4=256,128,0    
DockingOffset5=256,256,0

The MODENC says this:
ModEnc Wrote:Art coding

By default, the units dock with the structure in it's exact center point. This can be changed by adding DockingOffsetN=X,Y,Z to the structure's art.ini coding. N is the number of the docking position, and will be used if all the docks with smaller N are used up. N starts at 0, not at 1. X, Y and Z are measured in leptons (1/256th of a cell). The center point of the structure is 0,0,0 and if you imagine a 2x2 structure to be foundated like this:

Code:
-A-
BXC
-D-

I understand the lepton being 256 (3), but having problem lining the planes up. In row 1 planes 1 & 2 almost overlap same with R2 plane 1 & 2. I do not see anything in the MODENC explaining this matter an further. And as far as the foundation for the Airfield mentioned in the ENC. Having the docking points outside of the foundation I have found that this has no affect on the planes not returning to base

Edited by Renegade for readability.
Dude. You know, it's not smart to openly ignore what I say. It gets me into that weird "where's the warning button?" mood.
If you quote shit, use the fucking quote button/tags.
There's a fucking reason it exists. It makes your post more structured and easier to read. Same goes for code tags.

Also, ModEnc is not an acronym. It's not Manual Of DeeZire Enhanced 'N' Completed. It's the fucking Modding Encyclopedia. ModEnc, not MODENC. Your usage of "the", as in "The ModEnc", is nonstandard; it might be technically correct if you think "Modding Encyclopedia", but it either implies ModEnc to be the only one, which, with The Guide out there, isn't entirely correct, or it implies other *Encs in existence - as in, the ModEnc, the ArtEnc and the AIEnc. Not to mention it sounds weird.
(In an unrelated sidenote, anyone who shortens "modification" to "MOD" is a retard. Just sayin'.)

In addition, RA2 and YR have a screenshot function. Instead of giving us weird descriptions about positioning and graphical behavior, you could just fucking show it to us. Graphically.
Is it so hard to deduct that the best way to show us what's happening on your screen would be showing us what's happening on your screen?

In this particular case, for example, on first glance, your coordinates seem to be fine. But that does not tell me how large your airplanes are. Maybe you're simply parking MiGs next to Harriers! Without a shot of the plane selected or the vxl/hva, I also can't tell if maybe the airplane is misaligned - which is entirely possible if it was designed for use with trailers.

Basically, what you're doing is equivalent to telling me "I bought RED0001 paint but it doesn't look red on the wall." - what more can I say to that other than "Well, looks like you bought red."?

More data.

I do notice that you checked ModEnc first this time. So you may think I'm just picking on you or something; but always remember: The harder you make it for anyone to help you, the less likely it is for someone to help you. That includes post readability, and that definitely includes problem description. Do you think people have nothing better to do than first analyze your post to figure out what is code, what is quote, and what is description, only to then realize that you don't provide enough info to diagnose the problem?
Be thorough, be specific, and your chances of help increase dramatically - simply because people can do more than guessing.

That being said, taking your apparent general confusion and lack of direction into account, I will venture a guess:
The distance between -128 and +128 is 256 (1 cell).
The distance between +128 and +256 is 128 (1/2 cell).
I can't tell you if that's the reason for your problem - because I don't know how it looks on your screen, I don't know what the intended positions are, I don't know if you count rows from North to South or from East to West, and so on. It's a wild guess that sort of lines up with the problem you describe.

Had you been more thorough in your description, I could be sure.

In addition, if that is your problem, there is no "matter" ModEnc would have to explain. The game is behaving as told. It's placing the airplanes exactly where you told it to. Assuming something is bad game behavior that ModEnc fails to document when you apparently didn't even do the most basic and natural first step of checking whether you entered the correct coordinates is more than arrogant.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
1st - the quote, its not a quote its from the MODENC. If you want me to put quotes around it, fine I will, point taken and will remember

2nd - the planes, they are the same size as the regular planes from the game. The name escapes me because I have deleted all the regular stuff from the game. Note on screen shots taken will remember for future posts.

3rd code - I have no idea what you mean by that since the post is labeled DockingOffset and figure someone could put 2 and 2 together. I figured by me listing what code I used and saying 2 plans overlap someone would say your code is wrong and point out my error

4th MODENC - I find the descriptions a little vague, since being blasted (warranted or not depending on how you look at it) by DCoder I have examined what I am doing and trying to figure any possible Keyword for my problem. Just like the AI trigger for AI production, nothing seemed to work. Up until about 1/2 hour ago nothing worked for my nephew until I used a script editor, made my own script and placed it in the map and then the INI protection was disabled. Have to wait and see what happens when I get finished working on my Berlin Map.

5th - I am not trying to piss anyone off (despite my sig saying so) I am just trying to learn. I get frustrated when someone says try this site and there is no information that pertains to my question or the answer is vague. It also ticks me off to no end when they say google it. I read that response and think "thank you Sherlock, I would have never thought of that." I have googled stuff a million things and I come back with nothing relevant to my questions. I am gonna have to examine the maps in the mods that were downloaded for some help, but what I have seen I don't think anyone has single player map in their mods, can't remember been maybe a year since I have installed any mods, except blitzkrieg 2. I know thats not RA2/Yuri. Since the fall of Cannis.net I have not seen SP tuts. I'm gonna be taking 2 weeks away from the forums to finish work on Europe based maps so I won't be asking any questions

Suggestion:

I have seen different forums on different topics and something I notice is the way the forums are laid out. A suggestion for the forums. Revamp the layout. When you click on a game tag such as Red Alert 2/Yuri have sub topics:

Shps

1) a link to download the Shp creator

Topic Threads
discussion on how to create

Vxl/Hva
1) a link to download the Vxl/Hva creator

Topic Threads
discussion on how to create

AI editing
questions on editing the multi player AI

Single Player Maps
questions on editing or creating of SPM, creating or editing the AI (SPM ONLY)

All INI files
questions on how to edit or create these files

XCC Utilites

1) A link to where these can be downloaded

Topic Threads
question on how to use these

Tutorials

Topic Threads
break each type of tutorial in to its own sub topic

How to create, edit Shps or put them in the game
How to create, edit Vxl/Hva or put them in the game
AI (MP)
Creating sounds
creating tileset
AI (SP)
how to extract files

MODENC

it would be a link to

Terrain Editing

A link to download the Tmp Editor
A link to download the Tmp Builder

Topic Threads
modifying or creating tilesets

Make people put the correct name as the topic, no HELP ME PLZ, or I have a question. Let people who are not a little more specific in what they are trying to do that their topic will be deleted..
You are so massively retarded, I am not even going to bother trying to reply.
Before you say anything else, read my previous post at least 100 more times. Then read it again, as many times as it takes for you to fully and entirely grasp every single sentence in it.

Then I want to hear exactly one thing from you: Was what I guessed the problem or not?

Then you will leave this thread and accept the fact that, as long as you behave as retarded as you do, I will never, ever seriously consider any suggestion for "improvement" you make.

Administrative Notice:

You have just been n00b fined.
You are now subject to the Tenth Commandment
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I bothered to test the coordinates...
thread hilarious btw xD

EDIT: Don't mind the changed pips, building, or dark lunar map. The harrier isn't edited in any way.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

lol

That's a 3x3 pad, right? Cause if it is, ModEnc is spot on.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
(06.01.2009, 21:18:18)DCoder Wrote: That's a 3x3 pad, right?

Yes, used this old leftover building. I assumed the pad in question is 3x3, as Nikademis didn't even tell give his foundation or an image of the building LOL.
Seeing that shot, I am very fucking convinced my guess is spot-on. The game behaves exactly as described and coded. Nikademis just majorly failed at checking his own coordinates before screaming "UNEXPLAINED GAME BEHAVIOR!!! HELP!!!".

So, when you read my post for the 365th time, maybe you'll finally realize the problem, Nikademis.
Maybe.

Thanks for testing/posting this, mt. I'd post-thank you, but the system is having problems recently.
Forum Rules