Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Warheads]
This is not a problem for me, I am just wondering why you need to add your warheads to [Warheads].

I have modded YR for some years, and never added a warhead to [Warheads].

The warheads work perfect, cellspread, verses, particle, railgun....
from what I have seen and read there might be an instance where the computer looks for it. it is better to be safe then sorry, just place it in the list and make the computer happy.
(28.12.2008, 04:10:41):p Wrote: This is not a problem for me, I am just wondering why you need to add your warheads to [Warheads].

I have modded YR for some years, and never added a warhead to [Warheads].

The warheads work perfect, cellspread, verses, particle, railgun....

I have also modded YR for many years, and never once added any of my new Warheads to that list, same with my mod I'm currently working on.

I never get any problems or IEs and such, and find that list to be unnecessary...
Well, maybe you've had better luck. I made about 12 warheads and they all needed to be in the list.
Without this list you can't guarantee the order of Warheads which is needed for some map actions. Also, a warhead that isn't used by objects in the rules will fail to get loaded if requested by objects in the gamemode/map unless it's in this list. For what it's worth, I find explicit lists like that much more useful than implicit allocations done by the game.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3