Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Player Map
I have a map that I am learning on. I placed the AI's Base off screen along with 2 refineries. How do I tell the AI to start building?

I placed 5 tanks on the map and after 2 minutes I want them to patrol to certain waypoints that have been placed on the map and attack any forces that they come across. I think if I get these answers I will be able to do most anything.
Poland's Revenge......... a CAJE production...........release date 1/1/2011
[this sort of stuff belongs in a PM, damnit. ~DCoder]
For the tanks thing, you need to create a taskforce that contains the 5 tanks, create a script that has them do what you want them to do and a teamtype that pulls it all together. The you need a trigger that creates the team, but NOT the one that says it makes the team automagically (there are at least 2 "Create teamtype" triggers IIRC). This should make the game recruit the 5 tanks into the teamtype and make them follow the script.

For the AI, there is a begin production trigger that needs to fire, again IIRC. Sorry I don't have FA2 on this comp, so can't get the exact action numbers for you.
part of what i posted was help for Drizzt. the other part was posted because he has a problem with getting his PM's. Just like you (DCODER) don't accept PM, so how am I to post something for him? He also has issues with getting emails, which I have no time to investigate why not.
If Drizzt has a problem with PM delivery, he can report it to the responsible administrator. No problems with the delivery system have been reported so far.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Quote:Just like you (DCODER) don't accept PM
What?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
i had sent you a pm once but i got a response that you dont accept pm so hold your breathe waiting. over time I have become to understand that you dont have time to deal with every question that comes along.
I have never done anything like that, one possibility for that could have been my PM box being full, though the error message would probably have stated that explicitly in plain English.

Though your interpretation is correct, I don't have enough time to deal with every random modder's questions and in general prefer questions to be asked in public where I'm not the only one who has a chance to answer.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3