Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Create a Landing Craft
I am posting this up to help anyone who wishes to create a Amphibious Landing craft that can travel only on water. I posted this question at the beginning of the year and no one knew how to do this. I have tested this and it works. I found this post on another C&C forum for Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge.

Create a Landing Craft
The RA style Naval Transport

I was trying to create a Landing Craft using a Naval Ship Locomotor, the Naval=yes, the CanBeach=yes trick and the MovementRestrictedTo=Water as the DeeZire guide says. But it didnt reach the shore.

Go to rulesmd.ini... What I did was replace those tags so it looked like this

SpeedType=FloatBeach
MovementZone=WaterBeach
Category=Transport
Naval=yes
Locomotor={2BEA74E1-7CCA-11d3-BE14-00104B62A16C}

Now.. somewhere in Rulesmd.ini.. Make sure in the [Beach] section the FloatBeach tag is at 100%:
FloatBeach=100%

There you have a Landing Craft that reaches the beach. And you DONT NEED the "CanBeach=yes" tag

The next problem you will have is trying to get infantry/tanks into it... This will be hard because normal infantry cant enter in a shore-parked transport.

You will have to modify the infantry/tanks you want to get inside the Landing Craft. How?

First, return to the [beach] section and add 100% to foot,track & wheel tags.

Now you must modify some tags in the infantry/tanks so they can enter in the landing craft. These are the tags.

;For infantry
[CONS]
SpeedType=Foot ;im not sure if this is needed to specify if Infantry can walk in the beach shore
MovementZone=Amphibious ;Do not add AmphibiousDestroyer because it will search for additional infantry sequences when in sea, like the SEAL & Tanya

;For Vehicles
[MTNK]
SpeedType=Wheel OR Track ;Use "wheel" for a unit with tires or "Track" for a tank, if you dont write it correctly it will decrease speed of the unit in other terrain types
MovementZone=Amphibious ;Use Amphibious so it can drive in all terrain like the "Normal" movement zone

Now test it and make sure it works.
Quote:I found this post on another C&C forum for Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge.

Please at least credit the original poster
(technically he/she would be the real author of this tutorial,
and its as only simple as giving a name).

But its good anyways that you posted this here,
might be of real use to any newbies Smile

EDIT: Wtf, just saw that all units allowed in will need a MovementZone change. This could cause errors with AI pathfinding!

The Almighty Modenc Wrote:MovementZone says where is the unit allowed to go and helps the AI pathfinding routines. The possible values it takes are:

* Amphibious - when pathfinding, the unit will consider both ground and water as passable.
AprilWar, a member at http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/index.php?f=26 posted that Oct 16, 2007

I changed what was listed in the post and it works. I can't remember if I changed the infantry zone, but i know the vehicles need the change. all 3 things work. And the infantry will not enter the water, only if they can swim they will enter the water, no gi, ggi,dogs, only ghost and tanya
Very nice Smile
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(12.12.2008, 04:47:32)Nikademis Von Hisson Wrote: AprilWar, a member at http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/index.php?f=26 posted that Oct 16, 2007

I changed what was listed in the post and it works. I can't remember if I changed the infantry zone, but i know the vehicles need the change. all 3 things work. And the infantry will not enter the water, only if they can swim they will enter the water, no gi, ggi,dogs, only ghost and tanya

yeah, but if you use amphibious, units will get stuck in tree's.

that's why there's an amphibiousdestroyer type.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
yeah, but if you use amphibious, units will get stuck in tree's.

that's why there's an amphibiousdestroyer type.
[/quote]

I don't know about this, I'll check it out and post up my findings. I tested it for beaches.
Ok, i took a patrol of 10 Light Infantry, had them cut across an area on my map with trees, only 3 of them walked out of the tree area. 1 of the 7 I was back out of the trees. I chanegd it back to MovementZone=Infantry, then tried my map again (water map). I changed the following

[Beach]
Foot=50% <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< changed from 100% to 50%
Track=100%%
Wheel=100%
Float=0%
FloatBeach=100%
Hover=75%
Amphibious=60%
Buildable=no

took a 10 man patrol again, only half of them boarded the LC, so I guess if you want infantry to board it best thing is to make a vehicle APC, put troops inside, then board the LC in the APC
(12.12.2008, 15:20:31)Nikademis Von Hisson Wrote: Ok, i took a patrol of 10 Light Infantry, had them cut across an area on my map with trees, only 3 of them walked out of the tree area. 1 of the 7 I was back out of the trees. I chanegd it back to MovementZone=Infantry, then tried my map again (water map). I changed the following

[Beach]
Foot=50% <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< changed from 100% to 50%
Track=100%%
Wheel=100%
Float=0%
FloatBeach=100%
Hover=75%
Amphibious=60%
Buildable=no

took a 10 man patrol again, only half of them boarded the LC, so I guess if you want infantry to board it best thing is to make a vehicle APC, put troops inside, then board the LC in the APC

change foot back to 100.

then all the infantry should board.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
Rarely sometimes the LCRAFT will get stuck when it reaches beach.. just force move it to water several times to unstuck it.