Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can you make new tabs
If you look at the pic you will see A and B. For A can you make new tabs for other ground types? For B can you add another tab for other building types. You will notice the first buildings are the tech, then houses I have so many new colored houses I want to put them as their own tab. You can see some of the new colored houses in the pic. They were done to add color to the map.

[attachment=384]
[Image: byebus01.jpg]

Sorry for that
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
A sidenote on the map: The whole thing would look better if you added one column/row of sidewalk (paved ground) around the street and placed stuff like traffic lights and mailboxes on it, and added picket fences and front/backyards to the houses. it's the whole "realism" thing Wink
You have added a few trees in the lower right-hand corner, but these are pretty suburban houses, and the main distinction of suburbia (other than the building style) is that it's a lot "greener" than the city. So I suggest adding some trees and maybe a community park as well. Smile

Attention to detail is what sets great maps apart from the standard HOLY SHIT LOADS OF ORE AND CIVIL ARMY!!!! map.

I'd make you an example, but I have neither RA2 nor FA2 installed atm.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
just a note, whoever it was who wrote FA2, it tells you in there, lost the code a long time ago, so, unless you wanna hack it, then, there isn't gonna be any more updates, ever
TheMatze, wagnerma.de
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(28.11.2008, 00:41:12)Renegade Wrote: TheMatze, wagnerma.de

I'm sure it tells you when you start up, its just been so long since i've used it, i couldn't even remember
yeah i plan on taking the houses out and adding some telephone poles and stuff I just wanted to get a map up. I'll look into the Matze thing for something on the tabs im guessing. I'm gonna try and make some new houses because I know of very few places that have the same style house for every house on the block. These houses were used because they were the same size and they fit the streets. I made the map from the city I live in. It is not an exact map of the city but kinda close.