Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New colored ground for Urban settings
These are some new urban tiles I made, working on the slope pieces right now. Some color work to these pieces is still needed.[attachment=379]
Seems like you're using MSPaint for the screenshots. In this case this is a bad idea because Paint uses ~ 30% compression of JPEG and the images looks ugly, which is quite senseless when presenting new artwork. Save as PNG or use IrfanView.
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
yeah, i have photoshop cs3, ill repost try using that
the way you've put that bend at the top tight, makes an optical illusion and forces your brain to think its upside down...

if you manage to get over this, and the jpg distortion, your work doesn't look too bad.
reposted with a png [attachment=381]
Looking good Smile
The only ones I'd change are the third one both from the top and the bottom, as the pattern in the top 3rd one is very visible, and the bottom 3rd one is lacking pattern. In the latter, try reducing the saturation of the orange-y pixels and add some more pixels which are 5-10% lighter and darker than the base color, so you get a less flat look.
In the top 3rd one, I suggest following this tutorial. Wink
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
yes i know they lack something, i just posted up something to show, I am working on those 2.I will look at what u sent and thanks for the feedbaclk