Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Action=TogglePower
PD said he could fix the TogglePower IE if somebody provided him with a generated except.txt . So I am.

Associated rulesmd.ini modifications (the cursor is "No Can Do", but you actually can click with it, click outside a building and WHAM) :
Code:
[LightningStormSpecial]
RechargeTime=1
;Type=LightningStorm
Action=TogglePower;LightningStorm
DisableableFromShell=no
AIDefendAgainst=no;yes

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
OK thanks alot Smile

Fixing it seems really easy Wink Should be doable for 107b.
Plus, it also seems that I can figure how Actions are linked to stuff.
[Image: jsfml.png]
[Image: yahoo.gif][Image: yahoo.gif][Image: yahoo.gif][Image: yahoo.gif][Image: yahoo.gif] [Image: notworthy.gif][Image: notworthy.gif][Image: notworthy.gif][Image: notworthy.gif][Image: notworthy.gif] :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bleh:

EDIT: :blink: :bye2: :angry: :shutup:
Hm well doesn't cause IEs anymore.

But it sucks:
You can turn off enemy structures??!
[Image: jsfml.png]
Yes... In TS this worked as a toolbar button, like the Repair / Sell stuff. It was not a SW, it clearly used a different method of allowing/disallowing targeting over certain objects. Now Action=ForceShield works only on your own structures, maybe you could fuse something together?

Oh, btw, :clap: for no more IEs!

maybe you can hack in a new GUI button? or like DC said, fix it to only work on you?
DCoder;date=Nov 2 2005, 09:19 AM;post=1903 Wrote:Now Action=ForceShield works only on your own structures, maybe you could fuse something together?

I would guess that a clone of the force shield would do...
Actions can't be cloned, you know...

its PD remember. he can clone it.
Isn't it Type=ForceShield, anyway? (Considering toggle power relies on Action=TogglePower...)
Err, no. Actions define targeting conditionals (can target x, can't target Y), Types define the function the SW should execute (do damage, fire weapon, play anim).

If you give a superweapon Type=ForceShield and Action=TogglePower it cannot be targetted on anything other than your own structures. Try it yourself.
i think PD should consider adding a button somewhere, maybe a tag to add it you the bottom bar, that uses Action=TogglePower, where it has been fixed to only target friendly structures.

Imo, its actually a good idea Tongue
Actions are ONLY mouse pointers. Type=ForceShield will work with Action=Nuke, TogglePower, ChronoWarp, or any action that you could POSSIBLY use. The real effects are cause be the Type=.

@ Bobing ZombyDragon told me the button logic is in there, but it isn't that easy to find, or attach to the command bar. Still, it is a pretty good idea, and would be worth the effort. Also it would need its own UIMD.INI tag as well.
CNCM_BLITZ;date=Nov 24 2005, 08:26 PM;post=2054 Wrote:Also it would need its own UIMD.INI tag as well.
thats where PD comes into it.