Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for AIMD help
In order for the Allied side to build tank C they need to build the War factory, the Service Depot and the Battle Lab. The problem I am having is they fail to build the Depot and the Lab, but they build these tanks anyway. I have tried so many combos to get them to build these buildings. This is my trigger:

0114ALLG-G=US Tank Attack H3,0115ALLT-G,<all>,5,1,ALLWAR,0000000003000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,50.000000,30.000000,50.000000,1,0,1,0,<none>,0,0,1

At the moment I only have the Allied and Soviet side of the AI written. Should I post my AIMD file?
AI triggers don't support generic prerequisites there. And they don't really care for taskforce member prerequisites either.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
the allwar is not a generic preq, its the allied warfactory. does that make a difference? should i post my ai file? ive read the ai file that is posted, ive tried copying from the original, ive looked at the ones put in others mod and no matter what there are things not being built and things being built without meeting the requirements.
Unless you've made a new War Factory called that, the Allied War Factory is GAWEAP, not ALLWAR.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
TechLevels also work to limit when they'll start the trigger.

Make it require one of the allied Battle Lab, and give it the TechLevel of the service depot, and it should work IIRC.
I renamed the allied buildings....they all start with ALL. What can I post to show you my work?
(10.11.2008, 04:02:59)Nikademis Von Hisson Wrote: I renamed the allied buildings....they all start with ALL. [...]
Click here.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I understand the G, N, C and Y lettering of the setup and the theatres. My buildings all show up when built, no invisible buildings. Is there a reason why you posted that? I am not saying that sarcastically, I am asking if there is a deeper meaning to the response that I might not be getting. Does the fact that the 2nd letter is L and my Soviet sides start off with SOV?
(10.11.2008, 10:44:57)Nikademis Von Hisson Wrote: I understand the G, N, C and Y lettering of the setup and the theatres. My buildings all show up when built, no invisible buildings. Is there a reason why you posted that? I am not saying that sarcastically, I am asking if there is a deeper meaning to the response that I might not be getting. Does the fact that the 2nd letter is L and my Soviet sides start off with SOV?

I think that what ren meant is that your buildings may not have the art correctly for all theatres.

But if you just added an Image= pointing to the right artcode ([ALLCNST] Image=GACNST), then it would work fine (you did this I believe).

Although all this is irrelevant to the AI problem!
Try putting the requirment to a Service Depot (GADEPT, or in your case ALLDEPT), and the TechLevel to a Battle Lab (TechLevel=Cool. I've done this for you, and it should work most of the time, unless you messed around with TechLevels.

Code:
0114ALLG-G=US Tank Attack H3,0115ALLT-G,<all>,8,1,ALLDEPT,00000000030000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000,50.000000,30.000000,50.000000,1,0,1,0,<none>,0,0,1

The TechLevel of 8 (same as allied battle lab) makes them need to build up their techtree to at least a battle lab. It does however require that you didn't alter to much with you TechLevel structure.
Er, no. TechLevel on the trigger is overwritten by the game to be the maximum of TechLevel=s declared on all the taskforce members.

(11.11.2008, 07:31:48)DCoder Wrote: Er, no. TechLevel on the trigger is overwritten by the game to be the maximum of TechLevel=s declared on all the taskforce members.

hmm...

Deezire's Guide-AI Wrote:D = TechLevel
Determines the TechLevel= setting which is required in order for this trigger to be used. Although the TechLevel= setting is partly useless to human players in Red Alert 2, this is used by the AI when it assembles TaskForces. The trigger will only be used when the AI has reached this TechLevel= setting through construction of the required structures in its tech tree - setting this value below that required for a particular unit can often lead to the AI using units for which it has not met the Prerequisite= requirements. It is best to set this to at least the setting required to build any units in the associated TaskForce(s).

Modenc Wrote:Minimum TechLevel required for this AI Trigger. Is recalculated internally to be the minimum TechLevel required to build all the units in this AI Trigger's first and second TeamTypes.

So setting the [UNIT]TechLevel= (The Battle Labs TechLevel) would work? Or not...
If DZ's guide was accurate, we wouldn't need this page.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Alright, Alright...

DCoder Wrote:Er, no. TechLevel on the trigger is overwritten by the game to be the maximum of TechLevel=s declared on all the taskforce members.

hmm...
Modenc Wrote:Minimum TechLevel required for this AI Trigger. Is recalculated internally to be the minimum TechLevel required to build all the units in this AI Trigger's first and second TeamTypes.

So setting the [UNIT]TechLevel= (The Battle Labs TechLevel) would work? Or not...
It would.